Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here still have a stock fork (springs), stock shock, and michelin pilots?

I recently put in new springs, ohlins rear, and diablo corsas all of which affect the bikes geometry. What i want to do is get the geometry back to stock as much as possible.

The measurements shouldnt take much to get.

If anyone can help please post up or PM.

thank you very much,
ger

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You may be better off just setting up your suspension the right way. New springs are going to behave differently than stock and the stock settings will probably be horrible for your new setup anyway.

Get a buddy or 2 to help you set up sag, rebound, etc, you won't regret it. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sag, reb, comp arent the problem... what i'm looking for is ride height, geometry. i wanted to get my back to how the Honda engineers decided was best.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Now Im not 100% sure on this as it was quite some time since I measured it but I think I measured exactly 600mm from the centre frankinstein bolt to the centre of the pickup knob or pickup knob bolt hole with the rear suspension fully extended (sorry I cant go out and check as Im at my parents place at the moment about 100k's from home! ) Anyway hope I havnt lead you astray with this measurement maybe someone else can double check for you?
Ps. If this measurement is correct and Im pretty sure it is! (definately 600mm just not 100% sure weather I measured to the axle of centre of the pickup bolt hole? think it was the later) I would add another 10-15mm to it for good measure! as long as you suspension is otherwise reasonalbly well set up it shouldnt be too nervous!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts