Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well I've had a bit of a mishap with my bike as of late. I went for a ride a couple of weeks back and had my battery exploded and left me on the side of the road:crap:. Now that I have had a chance to really assess the damage, it killed my clutch diode and turn signal flasher module and two fuses. I can only assume that when the battery blew it spiked or grounded the entire electrical system. I have replaced the low beam headlight bulb, turn signal flasher, and the clutch diode. Now I have no tach and speedo. What I am looking for are the specific readings from a (multimeter) for three specific wires. First, (at the connectors for the cluster) (I can help with the connector locations if need be) the voltage measurement from the yellow wire with green stripe to the solid green colored wire. I need the voltage supplied at idle. I have reviewed 3 different service manuals (f3,f4i,600rr)that show a peak voltage adapter and that the voltage should be 10.5 volts. My voltage shows around .1 to .2 increasing with rpm. The wiring diagram shows the wires responsible for tach operation to be the same for all three models of bikes. So anyone that has there bike even slightly taken apart that is feeling helpful please help a brother biker. The other measurement will require a rear stand. Please if any of you have the time and equipment i would be greatly in your debt.:O

1 - 1 of 1 Posts