Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 954rr that is in the red and black, and while I have modified the rear end to get rid of that giant black scoop. But there is a small piece still there, and underneath is a red piece that sticks out.

If I were to cut that away with a Dremel tool, I would then have a fairly large hole in the red underside right below the tail light.

Now I am looking for a really basic, rad undertail that let's you use your stock tail light. I just put a Clear Alternatives smoked tail light with integrated signals in, so I want to keep that intact.

I just basically need a new piece of plastic, but can't find what I want for any price resembling reasonable.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
336 Posts
What is a "reasonable price"???

Most all full undertail kits painted are going to run you around $200.00 bucks. I just installed a Mototech undertail on my 929 which came out AWESOME!!!

Check it out at http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/52843-my-929-pics-after-mods-undertail-install-pic.html

The Mototech was very high quaility, fit perfect, and came with a tag mount (but I didn't use it) and all the neccesary hardware.

Here are a few...

Mototeck Undertail - Honda CBR954RR - Mototeck Bodywork, Undertails, Accessories - KneeDraggers.com

HotBodiesRacing - ABS Undertail w/ Built in LED Signal Lights - Honda CBR954RR - Hotbodies Racing Bodywork, Undertails, Accessories - KneeDraggers.com

CBR 954 RR

CBR954RR

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My problem with the mototeck is that the signals sucks. You can barely see them in the daylight.

Also, I just installed a Clear Alternatives smoked integrated LED tail light system, so I need an undertail that will use that.

I have no problem spending money on my bike, believe me, but I hate to spend $200+ on a stupid piece of plastic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
check out ebay, there is a under tial with 12 leds and the look is very agressive. i have the same undertial on my 954rr with the clear alterintives intergrated lights as well. it looks sick. i look at it like this the more visiable we are to drivers the better!! oh yeah the cost is around $145 with shipping.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My problem with the mototeck is that the signals sucks. You can barely see them in the daylight.

Also, I just installed a Clear Alternatives smoked integrated LED tail light system, so I need an undertail that will use that.

I have no problem spending money on my bike, believe me, but I hate to spend $200+ on a stupid piece of plastic.

well I would have to argue that one.....I can see my signals just fine in the sunlight and I live in FL so I have pleanty of it....just buy something your happy with b/c everyone is going to have a diffrent opinion.....:thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I am basing that conclusion off of the new Mototeck undertail that my friend got for his Superhawk.

But I love the new tail light, so I want to keep it.

I cut off the piece that hangs down with a Dremel. Now the entire undertail section below the light is flat, nothing protruding. There is a square hole roughly 7 inches by 6 inches, that for now, I covered with a piece of carbon fiber looking vinyl, that is very thick and has adhesive on one side.

What I may just do it glue a plastic plate from the inside, apply some bondo to the underside where you can see it, sand it smooth, and then spray the undertail with a rattle-can.

Right now the undertail is red, but it is red plastic and not painted, so it looks different than the red on the bike.

I can probably get a closer match by spraying it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts