Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I asked this on another board, but it wasn't really in the right place.

I was wondering what bike I should upgrade to after my CBR 400, I love the little guy and will to have it for a while, but I like to plan ahead. I was wondering what kind of upgrade you would all suggest once I have mastered the 400? I'd love to jump straight to a fireblade, and my mate says that it wont be a problem. (He went from a GSXR 400 to a CBR 600 RR and feels that he should have went for a faster bike)

So I was just wondering what all you experienced people thought? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Solice, I'd love a litre bike though but I know the advise to new riders when it comes jumping straight to big bikes. Was wondering if you all thought that a 400 to a 1000 is too much of a jump? Should I make it more gradual by going for a 600 or a 750 first?

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Thanks, I wasn't sure how big the jump would be from 400 to a 600 but by the sounds of it it will be enough to keep me amused. :)
I've just done the jump from a CBR400 to a CBR900 and on the 900 I feel like a very small woman on a ballistic missile.. I do like it though :thumb: and have a HUGE amount of respect for the 900 and what it can do.. I'm still figuring it out so taking things easy at the moment..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah jbond that is what I'm scared of, as my next bike I plan to take some finance out on it. So I will be wanting to keep it for a minimum of 2 years. Don't want to get to the end of the first year with a 600 and be bored of it. No idea what I'm going to do, suppose insurance quotes with play a role too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.