Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the Servo motor the little plastic gear inside got stripped so it needs to be replaced.
Hoping someone has one they don't need.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what eventually happens to them all - which is why I don't recommend paying much for a secondhand one.

New is US$200 and probably cheaper if you look around.
OEM Parts Honda CBR954RR (CBR900RR) 2003 SERVO MOTOR - Cheap Cycle Parts

Yah local honda shop here wants almost 300 for it.
Checking around and yes I agree but with all that we had to put in this bike to get it back to where it is now just don't have it right now but I will keep looking. I will check cheap cycle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure what is different between the one for the 954 and the one for the 929 but the one for the 929 is more expensive.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I am not sure what is different between the one for the 954 and the one for the 929 but the one for the 929 is more expensive.

I've never had a 954 servo in my hand so I couldn't tell you, but they still fail.
Somebody recently posted that they successfully used a 1000RR servo on a 929/954 so that might be worth investigating as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never had a 954 servo in my hand so I couldn't tell you, but they still fail.
Somebody recently posted that they successfully used a 1000RR servo on a 929/954 so that might be worth investigating as well.
Well I just found one on Ebay for 40 bucks out of a wrecked 929 with less than 10000 miles on it guaranteed.
So will see hope that will do it till we find the next issue always so much fun discovering new problems after a wreck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biggest problem with this bike has been one of the reasons he bought it in the first place the last owner modified almost everything.
The motor was built the bike is all chromed he put Vortex in place of stock shift different exhaust.
So its been fun trying to get it back to where it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts