Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the weather was perfect in the morning - mid 60's with clear skies.  nesba cut the Advanced Class riders loose from the riders meeting a little earlier than normal and we were on the track by 0900 hrs.  all of my fears of riding with the A Class proved to be unfounded.  it was fantastic - much better than the Intermediate.  dont get me wrong, the I Class was tons of fun and i learned alot from still having CR's out there with me.  there were just no restrictions with the A's and everyone handled themselves professionally.  the passing was early and often, but never 'out of place'.  i made lots of passes in places where i had never passed before AND i got passed in those same 'strange' places, too!!  there were several race teams on the track with us.  they were getting ready for the AMA races this weekend.  yeah, they smoked me wherever they caught me.  i would have liked to have followed them to learn some stuff, but - alas- there were gone as quickly as they arrived .

i did not ride in the afternoon as the cold & sinus infection i've been fighting finally caught up with me.  i was exhausted after every session and felt i would be risking it if i went out in the near 90 degree heat after lunch.  i did take 2 seconds off my laptimes each session so it was a successful day, indeed.

i met roadracer319.  he was on his '92 CBR600 for the first time and seemed to be having a great time.

pix & such to follow soon....

·
Registered
768 Posts
I am hoping to get into the Nesba advanced group soon myself.  I accidentally went out with them once, when there was some confusion over which session it was after a red flag.  I took off Intermediate style, and was wondering why suddenly everyone was passing me everywhere!  It was kind of funny when I realized, at the end of the lap, what I had done.  Doh!

I am making strong improvements lately, and when I'm ready, they'll be asking me to bump.  Maybe this year, or if not, I'd be pretty sure I'll nail it next year.  I'm having plenty of fun where I'm at, so it is a goal, but not a major concern.  I notice that I run my fastest laps without traffic.  More passing options would actually make things a lot easier for me.  I have to plan my passes so they are done in the 'legal' places even though I am carrying enough speed to pass in turns or bends too.  If I could just pass when it's safe, I'd be flowing much better, I think.  And when I get into the flow, I can really relax better.  And when I'm relaxed, I can go faster and it seems that I have more time for my decisions.

The only thing is, once I bump to advanced, I just won't be needing to do very much passing!  But my speed is getting much better lately, so I hope that by the time I'm bumped, I can pass a few advanced guys.  

This is so much fun I can hardly stand it. I'm doing both days this weekend at Blackhawk Farms in Illinois.

Later, Zippy

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Congrats on the bump to advanced. Sounds like you had a great time. There has been a lot of crap on NESBA's web site about being bumped up lately but it would appear that no one around here is having any problems. I feel that as long as I follow their rules and concentrate on my riding then the bump will come when it should.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Glad you had a great day! I was just giddy the whole drive home. Then got my ass kicked last night on call. Oh well... When do we go again???

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm sorry that I missed this weekend, it sounded like a good one.  I don't know how to read a calendar and scheduled my vacation at the same time.  Anyway I'm enjoying taking it easy at the beach all week with the family  

Hope your feeling better Flasher.  I have some new toys for the next track day!!!!!!  One of them is small and sounds really funny.... Baaarinnng! Baaarinnng!  

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey Flasher, thanks for taking the pics. They look really nice. I hope you are feeling better. See ya next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts