Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been using this place for a year now

Netflix

I can keep three DVD's check out at a time, all the time, no late fees, no postage either way. Takes about a day or so for another film to get to me. No lines in Blockbuster, no late fees, ever! This chit rocks. You have a rental que that you can fill up to as many as you want, as soon as you send a seen movie back in, they send out the next one in your queue. Then you can prioritize your queue and switch it around however you like. There are some hardcore independent films in the theater that I can never seem to get to sometimes, I add them in my queue while they are still in the theater and they get saved. As soon as the DVD comes out, it's automatically inserted into my rental queue. For $20, I'm really amazed at the service, especially since the postage is free. Can't recommend this business enough, forget Blockbuster and Hollywood video.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more!

I've had Netflix for about 1.5 years now and watched 243 movies. I keep 5 movies out at a time for like $32 a month. That works out to $2.37 per movie.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Thanks Booth. This right on-time... I am currently boycotting Blockbuster (like they care) due to a un-deserved late fee.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So would I ideally.

It's funny to me how Netflix is enormously popular but everyone boohoo'd Divx because they had to pay to watch the movie more than 'x' number of times. Isn't it pretty close to the same thing?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I dont like that. i tried it but it didnt suit me. The local family video has a thing where you pay $10 a month and get all movies and games half off. i just do that.

Also, there is a site Red Octane That is the same thing as netflix but with videogames, I used that for quite some time and really loved it.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
sweetonion : So would I ideally.  

It's funny to me how Netflix is enormously popular but everyone boohoo'd Divx because they had to pay to watch the movie more than 'x' number of times.  Isn't it pretty close to the same thing?
Not really.. Netflix is just like going down to Blockbuster and renting a DVD. You just get to stay home.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
That seems pretty kewl but a dude I used to work with got caught on some 'fees' they had for somethin. He was foreign and personally I think they took advantage of him cuz of the language barrier, either that or he was just fooked and had zero cloo what they wux tellin him he'd come to me with weird questions after lengthy phone conversations with them, I never delved further

But, I do have that Blockbuster Freedom Pass thing (after an extraneous 18$ late fee cuz I failed to notice something sitting in my gaming armoire..whoops. So, I have that- its pretty kewl, just get what I want, when I want - bring it back whenever, and no biggie. Its not a 'card' per se or anything, just a fee lifter that is put on your acct. If you rent a game and it sux - just bring it back and get another. Basically 1 month @ 19.95 per rental, I have a big enough collection already and cant see more of an investment, I figure this is like 1/2 a game a month, and I dont have to clean up empty #### - or feel bad when I sell them for < later.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i have had it for a couple years now and it is great. I pay the 21.15 per month and watch about 8-12/month. Never had a real problem with them

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it's been smooth sailing over here too. The biggest issues with Blockbuster is them not having your movie, waiting in line, and late fees. I have eradicated all of that chit and I don't even have to leave the crib for my films. And this way no matter what I don't spend over $20 a month for them. Blockbuster charges too much around here anyway, I think's $4.28 w/tax, robbery.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't experienced it. The queue tells you if there is a long wait for something. That has only happened a couple of times, when it does, I just move that one down. I guess I'm close to a ship point, because I get my stuff in a day. If I mail something on Monday, I'll have another one wed/thurs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts