Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
Looks like a very informative site here. I purchased a '08 Red/Black 'Blade in the crate last Fall when they were closing them out with all of the incentives. I will be picking it up this Spring, I was unaware of some of the issues and recalls that happened with those early models until I started really researching this model. The initial ride reports are what really sold me initially.
Well I see the hose clamp situation did not affect my VIN. Hopefully it will not be a excessive oil burner. :confused:
This will be my first Honda. I have previously owned two SV650's, a '02 R6(which I truly miss), a '02 GSX-R1000, and a '04 GSX-R 750. Honda has always been a pinnacle of quality to me, and I liked what I saw when I checked this new CBR out. Looking forward to riding season this year, I will give y'all a report when I get my new bike.

Safe Riding,
horsey

·
Registered
146 Posts
I purchased a '08 Red/Black 'Blade in the crate last Fall when they were closing them out with all of the incentives. I will be picking it up this Spring,
Welcome. I'm sort of new here myself. I bought my 08 maroon/silver CBR in December during Honda's bargain basement closeout pricing, too.

I'm curious where you bought yours from that they would agree to hold it for you for over 1/2 year. I had to drive over 900 miles RT to get mine and it's been sitting in my garage for most of this crazy arctic winter. I have managed to squeeze in around 260 miles worth of rides so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all with the welcomes. RoadiJeff, I bought my 1000RR from Nielsen Enterprises, NW of Chicago. I have bought all of my motorcycles from them, and they have always treated me well with every purchase. It is worth the 1.5 hour trip for me. And it was really nice of them to keep it stored for me in the crate until Spring. A great place to do business with.
Enjoy your new motorcycle. Glad I found this informative site, lots of good information being shared here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked the bike up a couple of weeks ago. I only have 103 miles on it due to work schedule and still crummy road conditions around here. We need some heavy rains here in the Midwest to clean the roads up.
I am really enjoying this motorcycle when I have been able to ride. Where my SV650 would need a shift, this bike just motors. That is really nice, I feel as if there is no end to the powerband.
Looking forward to reading more about this bike here when I can.

Ride Safe,
horsey

·
Registered
824 Posts
it is a great bike...very easy to go fast on! very user friendly...stock i thought it was actually quite docile...after i put an exhaust and PCV and IRC and all the goodies it is now a beast! it was a little overwhelming at first but now i am used to it again! I think the best thing to do with this bike is a PCV, pipe and IRC...couldnt be happier..I am pretty confident i am pushing 165 to the rear wheel...getting a dyno in about a month so il know for sure..

But back to you! Enjoy the bike :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.