Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from putting the first hundred or so miles on my new 1000RR.
This bike is nice. The fit is much better for me then the 929 I have. I got some pics but the are pretty dark. The only thing to do now is to finish breaking it in.

SSPX0060.jpg SSPX0061.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: New 1000RR

:naws: Congrats on your new ride it looks real nice. I just got my Red/Black 1000rr a couple of days ago and am loving it.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts

the black one is the sexiest beast honda has put out

i love mine.
ride it like you stole it right out of the dealers parking lot

if you have plans to get rid of the stock turn signals go with the protons (make sure it is for an 06 they are different than the 05)

they look awesome especially when you paint them clear amber

·
Registered
50 Posts

the black one is the sexiest beast honda has put out

i love mine.
ride it like you stole it right out of the dealers parking lot

if you have plans to get rid of the stock turn signals go with the protons (make sure it is for an 06 they are different than the 05)

they look awesome especially when you paint them clear amber
I just sold my 600rr and picked up the 1000rr the other day. What a nice bike!
I only have 200 miles on it. I can't wait until it cools down outside to put some miles on it. What's the 0-60, 0-100 times on this bike?

·
Registered
33 Posts

congratulations on the new scooter, now go have fun and ride it like you stole it.
ya, just be sure to scrub in the new tires. I rode my bike like I stole it after having new tires mounted and ended up on my ass... right out of the dealer's lot!!! :nono:

·
Registered
210 Posts

well come on
obviously a little common sense must apply
i at least waited until i was on the highway before i cracked the throttle wide open

·
Registered
347 Posts

a few heat cycles and scrubbin them in should be commen sense, even though it's not that common anymore. :huh:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

I usually have my tires scuffed from edge to edge in the 13 mile ride home from the shop where I get them put on. But i also live in the land of endless twisties; so there are more than adequate turns on the way home to lean just a little more into the next one to get them scuffed properly and safely in that time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Its a little harder down here but its done. Just passed the 200 mile mark from the MotoMan break-in cycle. I love this bike. Now to take a trip to NC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new on the forum, but i've been riding for a while. I bought a '00 929 last year and loved it. I recently sold it to a freind to get him riding and I picked up a black '06 1000RR and fell in love all over again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts