Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I overheard somebody with a 954 talking about all the mods he did to his bike, most of them seem pretty normal but, I didn't understand a couple of them. He mentioned making a 'purge valve' mod and an 'evap canister' mod. That is all I heard. Has anybody ever done these modifications? Or did this guy just like using fancy words to impress other riders? (and impress rookies like me that don't know any better)

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
ummm, those are both smog related items that have little if any effect on performance. The evap cannister is the little item connected to one of the fuel tank hoses to absorb gas fumes after filling up.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Abtech is right those are just smog related the caniser absorbs the vapors and then the purge valve opens up once the motor is hot and burns off those vapors under cruise. It won't effect power at all. The only thing you would save is weight and not very much.
The pulse air or pair valve is another one you might hear about. It injects air into the exhaust system to help continue burning unburnt fuel. On California bikes with a Cat it also helps drop the CO and NOx.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Skully : The 'purge wallet' mod is the most popular mod on this site.  

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have tears in my eyes from laughter as I type this post! Maybe it's because larddog954 was soooooo serious with his question! Didn't anyone else find this hilarious, or am I just losing it?

Larddog, the purge wallet mod refers to the amount of money that leaves your wallet after spending 10 minutes in the .org, and being introduced to all these wonderful mods by our esteemed co-members!

Oh man, that's funny!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I was equally as humored by this thread. My coworkers are looking at me like I have lost my mind.

I personally have avoided the 'purge wallet mod' for the most part. Mainly due to the fact that the wallet has already been purged prior to becoming aquainted with this place.

That was great - keep 'em coming.

-AD

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
pczach : Quote (Skully @ June 16 2003, 6:12pm)The 'purge wallet' mod is the most popular mod on this site.  

Ahem, yes, umm, see, first you provide us all with your credit card information...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, OK... Go ahead and laugh at the new guy! That won't be the last time I make an a$$ out of myself on the .org...by the way my turn signal fluid is running a little low anyone know how to...

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
larddog954 : OK, OK...  Go ahead and laugh at the new guy!  That won't be the last time I make an a$$ out of myself on the .org...by the way my turn signal fluid is running a little low anyone know how to...
Don't take it personally, I'm sure it was meant in good humor, some of the members here are quite witty
You have to learn by asking, hell even some of the regular members ask stupid questions or make stupid comments some time.

Quote The 'purge wallet' mod is the most popular mod on this site.

But I gotta admit it was pretty funny

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
larddog954 : OK, OK...  Go ahead and laugh at the new guy!  That won't be the last time I make an a$$ out of myself on the .org...by the way my turn signal fluid is running a little low anyone know how to...
Take a quart of fully synthetic oil and dump it into the exhaust for the rear turn signals, and into the gas tank for the fronts. You see the weight of the oil pulls it down and into the turn signal fluid resvior (sp). You would think that the oil would mix w/ the gas, but not so. It seperates much lit oil and water.

Pretty cool huh?

PS - For anyone that might be dumb enough to believe a word of this, 'I'm joking. It's not even a good joke. How could you be so gullable?'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts