Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 03 954RR with 3,500 miles on it and am so stoked at how it rides and feels. My last bike was a 929 and I loved it, so when I saw one with this few miles, I jumped on it.

The bike has an undertail kit with a running light, brake light, and two turn signals built in (all LED), as well as cheap flush mount LED turn signals that don't quite cover the hole in the fairing.

I rode the bike for a little while and noticed that the blinker light on the gauge cluster wasn't blinking, so I stopped and checked on it. The blinkers and the brake light are both out, and the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse, but within a few miles the same thing happened. I want to get new flush mount LED turn signals, but would really like to fix the problem at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
If you are blowing fuses that means there is too much power being drawn through that fuse. Start checking your wiring, most likely start with the front blinkers that don't fit properly in the first place. My guess would be that you are shorting somewhere (sh*tty install) from an improperly spliced wire. I have seen this on more than a dozen bikes when people get in a hurry to install new stuff. Let me know what you find.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I just bought a pair of proton flush mounts for the front as well as a relay, so as soon as I get them I plan on troubleshooting the electrical problem as well. I'll let you know what I find.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Nice call on the protons. If you see the bike in my avatar, the clear front flushmounts are protons. Went in easy, fit perfect, and are nice and bright. Get them in, check the wiring while you're in there, could easily be the cause of your headache.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts