Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading about people getting new 954's for $8000-8300. Where on earth are you getting this? My local stealer wants $8999 for a 2002 and $9899 for an 03.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got my '02 for $7999 + tax + fees + this + that at Spectrum Honda in Irvine, CA in October. They no longer have the ad on their site, which they've been screwing around with for months.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
$7999 + this + that means they're selling the bike for whatever you paid total. It's frustrating to hear about dealers doing that to people. They advertise a bike for a very low price and then tack on BS fees to make the price of the bike out to be well above their invoice cost. Many people get tricked into thinking that they got the bike for a steal when really, they paid more than what an informed buyer should be able to talk a dealer down to. I'm definitely not flaming you, I'm just using your example to show how dealers like to work.

Lakeside is selling them for $8399 out the door. The invoice price of the bike is mid $8k so they're actually taking a loss now in order to cash in on the 5% kickback Honda will give them in September.

You should always go to Cycle Cost to buy the actual, dealer-cost of the bike you want before even stepping foot into the dealership. They can wheel, deal, spin, and BS all they want, but once you slap down the numbers and call their bluffs (and I mean, really call them -force them to grab their factory manuals to prove you right), you can press them to admit to you for what they are and are not willing to sell a bike. Then you can decide what you're willing to pay and you can go from there.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I paid 8799 otd here in Oklahoma. Coulda paid the 8400 at Lakehill but the gasoline and drive-time would have evened it out. Besides Bartlesville Honda was the fastest and easiest deal I have ever done.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ER : $7999 + this + that means they're selling the bike for whatever you paid total.  It's frustrating to hear about dealers doing that to people.  They advertise a bike for a very low price and then tack on BS fees to make the price of the bike out to be well above their invoice cost.  Many people get tricked into thinking that they got the bike for a steal when really, they paid more than what an informed buyer should be able to talk a dealer down to.  I'm definitely not flaming you, I'm just using your example to show how dealers like to work.

Lakeside is selling them for $8399 out the door.  The invoice price of the bike is mid $8k so they're actually taking a loss now in order to cash in on the 5% kickback Honda will give them in September.

You should always go to Cycle Cost to buy the actual, dealer-cost of the bike you want before even stepping foot into the dealership.  They can wheel, deal, spin, and BS all they want, but once you slap down the numbers and call their bluffs (and I mean, really call them -force them to grab their factory manuals to prove you right), you can press them to admit to you for what they are and are not willing to sell a bike.  Then you can decide what you're willing to pay and you can go from there.
So your saying that they are selling them for $8399 out the door and that includes tax and license fees right? Another reason they sell it for a lower price and tack other fees on is to lower the tax cost. I just wanted to understand you correctly

·
Registered
155 Posts
In orlando they are $10,299 + t.t.t!!! and they sell!!!!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
OntheEdge : So your saying that they are selling them for $8399 out the door and that includes tax and license fees right? Another reason they sell it for a lower price and tack other fees on is to lower the tax cost. I just wanted to understand you correctly
No. You will pay for tax and license in your homestate. You are paying for the bike and nothing more.

I would advise anyone looking into a new motorcycle to evaluate the Lake Hill Motors price + getting it back to your home. I will probably use them when I get my next bike. Their price + a few hundred to have it crated here is still probably cheaper than you are going to pay locally in some/many cases.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I hear you can get them around these parts for $8100 out the door.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts