Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Yesterday I put on an Arata Ti Box Slip On, PCIII, and a Speedo Healer. While firing it up to test for exhaust leaks I noticed some smoke coming from the exhaust. Is that normal on a new exhaust or could it be the PCIII USB making it run to rich? It probably has a Map for a 2005 five on there...

It's a 2006 basically brand new CBR1000 RR with 140 miles on it. Shouldn't be smoking, certainly was not before the exhaust and PCIII install. Would the cables that connect to the exhaust pipe affect that. I'm not sure if I got the servo thingy the cables connected to rotated back to zero or not.....

Any help would be appreciatted!

Thanks and Hello!

Brian
2006 CBR 1000RR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,041 Posts
How much smoke?

When my Arata's were new, you could smell the new packing inside the pipe burning in a little. I don't remember any noticeable smoke though. :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DUX said:
How much smoke?

When my Arata's were new, you could smell the new packing inside the pipe burning in a little. I don't remember any noticeable smoke though. :idunno:
Not much smoke at all. I only had it on for like 30 seconds. Just didn't think their should be any. First exhaust install.

Also I had to rotate the lower pipe with the bigger bolt and twist it a little to get the Arata clamp to fit right and bolt on. I think it's normal to have to do that but you can't use the lower heat shield either right? You have to leave it off or it won't fit right with the rear set?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
totally normal.

it's just loose packing and maybe some cleaning chemicals from the factory burning off. it will probably be gone after about an hour of riding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flycal6 said:
totally normal.

it's just loose packing and maybe some cleaning chemicals from the factory burning off. it will probably be gone after about an hour of riding

Thanks for the replies fellas. Anyone know if you are suppossed to leave the lower heat shield off or do you try and work the lower pipe so that it still fits. I'm just concerned with the black plastic exhaust cover thingy will melt. Although I did put cool-it on the inside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
:eek: You're supposed to take the plastic off the pipe when you install it!

:smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,179 Posts
the black plastic piece on the right side there I think is supposed to come off since you no longer have the heat shield there. Most everyone I know that did a full system got a carbon piece in place of it that would stand up to the heat and continue to protect your leg from the heat.


Really sweet lookin bike. Damn I think I might trade mine in...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getsome said:
the black plastic piece on the right side there I think is supposed to come off since you no longer have the heat shield there. Most everyone I know that did a full system got a carbon piece in place of it that would stand up to the heat and continue to protect your leg from the heat.


Really sweet lookin bike. Damn I think I might trade mine in...

I don't know about the earlier models, but on the '06 the lower heat shield can go back on. I'm glad because those carbon fiber pieces aren't easy to come by.

Thanks for the compliment. Bike is fun as hell. I got some stumble on the throttle at 1.5-2k but that's because I put the PCIII USB in there and only have a Mac
Laptop so I think it's running a zero map.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,298 Posts
I know, I lived in Florida for 8 months. Loved it but I would not move there :D Also felt like a sandblast session riding on the highway :eek:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top