Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New frame/forks :hyper: :hyper: :D

Ordered it yesterday afternoon at 3.00pm and it arrived just before lunch today. It's beautiful, absolutely stunning. I'll spend the next week moving stuff from my old bike onto this. Anyone want to buy a very nice Colnago C40 ? :)

If I don't win the Tour de France next year I won't be able to blame the bike. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That isn't made by BST is it?
What is the rate of catastrophic failure?

:popcorn:

The bike looks like a work of art, definitely a lot of blig. The "look" stickers are probably redundant, though.:thumb:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Damn sexy. :thumb: :nworthy2:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Jungleboy said:
I like the lights under your breakfast bar :D Whats the deal with the protruding steering stem? :huh:
Hasn't cut it yet? Gotta make sure you have all your geometry down before you cut that thing. I'd build the whole bike and at LEAST ride around the block before cutting it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Proto said:
Started to put it together. Still lots to do, but should be ready for the Tour. :D

:nono: Those bottle holders don't match the carbon. :nono:

Just kidding, awesome setup :nworthy2:

What do you think the pounds will be at all done? It might be under for the tour. ;)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
BladeRider said:
Those bottle holders don't match the carbon. :nono:
You might be right but I'm told the jury is out on carbon cages. Never had experience of them myself, but I've heard they don't hold the bottle that well. Maybe later, but these are tubular stainless steel and only weigh 49 gms apiece. Lot of dough for a 30 gram the pair saving. :)

BladeRider said:
What do you think the pounds will be at all done? It might be under for the tour. ;)
Desparate to know myself, even though it's not quite finished yet (no Zebra effect bar tape and the wrong saddle) but as it stands it's bang on 16.0 pounds. I'll ask Father Christams to bring me a Flite TT saddle which will shave another 100gms or so. Finish up at 15.8 ? :idunno: Also thinking about a Stronlight Pulsion carbon compact chainset, and that'll save another 100gms.

All I've got to do is shave another 10 pounds of the fat bloke who is going to ride it. :rotfl:

It's just over a pound lighter than my Coilnago C40 with the same components and wheels. A whole pound! And it only cost me two thousand dollars :crying:

PS steerer tube cut on the long side just in case. Currently got 5mm spacer above the stem, and maybe a few mm extra below. I'll do a few miles then I'll trim a bit more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts