Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i am new to the bike scene but anyway i just bought a 08 cbr600rr with 6 miles so it was considered new- i rode it down my driveway into my other garage and when i tried to leave there it kept going dead when i would try to shift it into gear and i mean straight cut off- there is also a little white smoke coming out after about 2 min. of warmup. is this normal or did the dealer sell me a bad used bike

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
yes, if you try to put the bike into gear with the kickstand down it will shut the bike off.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
yes it the kickstand being down will cut the bike off if it's in gear.. white smoke is normal while you're in break in period..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i see the internet thing- no drinking- just long day of work and school and i was rushing throught the signup- thanks guys for the help- im new so i'll learn

·
Banned
67 Posts
On a serious note, you may wanna take the MSF Safety course. Motorcycles are very dangerous if you dont know what youre doing. Think safety.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Be safe out there - make sure you break the bike in properly.

I had problem with water affecting the side stand switch, could think what the hell was going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts