Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
That is a 1993? F2. F3 bodywork, but look at the front end. That is an F2 wheel, and I believe it was in 1993 the forks were black. I could be wrong about the year, though.

·
Registered
735 Posts
BDA116 : That is a 1993? F2. F3 bodywork, but look at the front end. That is an F2 wheel, and I believe it was in 1993 the forks were black. I could be wrong about the year, though.
Front wheel/forks do look like '93 F2. Fender too. (just worked on ours this past weekend).
The rest of the bike, not too sure.

Trauma - what is it?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
No offense T1, but if you were sold a 1996 F3, I'd go beat the rest of it out of whomever sold it to you. That is NOT an F3 front end. I spent a LOT of time with F2s and F3s, and you have an F2 front end.

EDIT: I dug up a picture of my 1996 F3 for reference. The pic was taken after I uh.....forgot to put down my kickstand. It's the best still shot I have with the front end in the pic.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Front end looks like our 1993 F2 (hard to see detail in Trauma's pic though) What type or forks do you have? F3 forks have preload adjusters while F2 do not - 'cept 1994).
Also, 1996 have full floating rotors.
Trauma, double check with the person you bought the bike from.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I guess if you're not worried about it then it's no big deal. But, the bike will handle and brake quite a bit better with an F3 front end on it. It is definitely a mix and match bike. The forks have the rebound damping adjuster, so the insides must be from a '94 bike, while the lower tubes are '93. The wheel and brake disks are F2.
I would be a little pissed if the guy told you it was all '96 F3, but if it's no big deal to you then just have fun with it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was billed as a good starter track bike (ie inexpensive and handles well). It is a mix and match bike, put together with various bits. It works quite well however and is very rebuildable.

If I really get into this, then it comes time to sell the 954, and buy a 636

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
TraumaOne : Oh, and if anyone wants to try it out at an event I am going to, let me know and you can give it a whirl.  Just remember I get to ride whatever you brought
where is the low side video from jennings again?

Just so everyone is warned beforehand of course!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts