Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

New bike

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Bucko@buck88.ka 
#1 ·
Hi

Just taken delivery of a CBR1000RR8 and wondered if anyone could help me with a little problem. I've just joined the site and would welcome some help! I want to fit some R&G crash bungs and need to remove the fairing to drill it and fit the bungs. The problem is I cant find out how to remove them owners manual says remove back fairing bolt and pull fairing. I have tried this but it seems not to want to come ......

Is it just me who is weak and too scared to do any damage ?? or do I need to undo some more bits

I also want to fit a gear indicator so need to remove the inner upper fairing (the one to the left-hand side of the instrument cluster, which evidentaly conceals the plug and play connection for an acumen digi 8). Any help would be most welcome. Regards, Ian:rotfl:

#4 ·
Remove the lower fairing, its two screws i believe then pop it loose from the side fairings.

Remove the bolts in the side fairings, one on each side. Remove the air duct covers below the handle bars (three screws rivits). remove the lower plastic panel in the front (bottom of airducts 1 rivit)

Were the air duct meets the upper fairing in the front of the bike is velcrow, use a flat head to disconect.

Pull off the side fairing by pulling the ram air duct out of the airbox first and the fairing slides off.

This is in no ways difficult, wrote this on memory so might be an extra screw somewhere.

#11 ·
We are between Northallerton and Thirsk often at Helmsley/Stokesley perhaps we could meet up
Looking forward to getting out on the Blade, but a bit of a jump from a CBR600Fi so will be taking things steady.................... Cant wait for the better weather only had it a week and I have about polished the paint off it. Went to the London bike show and lusted after loads of bling but her who MUST be obeyed said not now maybe later.......... (story of my life) but I'm working on her :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

All the best Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.