1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
After selling my 929 a few years ago i am now the proud owner of a 96 cbr900
So im back here :)

Will be asking a few questions as it has a few niggles like side stand switch being faulty (cant start the bike without it being up and clutch in and no n light)
And the clock back lights dont work

So hello again everyone

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello mate, welcome back!

That's how the switch is supposed to work. Do you mean that you can't start it in neutral with the stand down? If so, that may not be the side-stand switch.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello mate, welcome back!

That's how the switch is supposed to work. Do you mean that you can't start it in neutral with the stand down? If so, that may not be the side-stand switch.

Lol
Yeah when its in neutral it wint start and there is no neutral light either

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,051 Posts
:welcome:, uh, back I guess:idunno: :rotfl:

I love to see the carbed 900's get new leases on life!! Congrats!! Check the neutral switch, down by the sprocket on the engine case. Follow and check the wire, they have a habit of fraying and grounding out. It goes into a 3 pin connector with the oil pressure switch and temp gauge sensor. Without the neutral light on the bike thinks its in gear so you need to pull the clutch and put the stand up.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
welcome back! weve been waiting for you! you know if it were me, id just take the kick-stand off n throw it on the ground when i was done riding? no but seriously what Ian said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts