Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the new CBR 1000's so incredibly hideous?? I have a 2001 cbr 929 and I'm not trying to be biased because its mine but the it seems like they took the time back then to make the motorcycles sexier and visually stimulating, Even the enormous pipe looks cool. They even had an analog looking tachometer and the rear seat was fatter. Now everything is all skimpy, one color, digital and plain....I'm sure its a superior bike but it ain't got no alibi! :thumbd:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Why are the new CBR 1000's so incredibly hideous?? I have a 2001 cbr 929 and I'm not trying to be biased because its mine but the it seems like they took the time back then to make the motorcycles sexier and visually stimulating, Even the enormous pipe looks cool. They even had an analog looking tachometer and the rear seat was fatter. Now everything is all skimpy, one color, digital and plain....I'm sure its a superior bike but it ain't got no alibi! :thumbd:
1. Hideous? We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.
2. Even the enormous pipe looks cool? Matter of opinion there too.
3. They even had an analog looking tachometer. I prefer analog gauges as well.
4. The rear seat was fatter. I do like a little junk in the trunk myself. I however find the 954 sexier, but I am biased.

5. I'm sure its a superior bike but it ain't got no alibi! Are you a high school cheerleader?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Dear Hamamatsu, please send me one of your skimpy, mono-chromatic, plain machines. Thanks.

2016-honda-cbr1000rr-sp-hrc-sport-bike-fireblade-motorcycle-supersport-cbr-1000-rr-cbr1000-1000r.jpg

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:hitit:

like with cars... it seems their "souls" have been replaced with technology, efficiency, light-weightedness (I know it's not a word), and the "race" to be 1st in competition. nobody want to see Valentino Rossi come in last place on his "sweet" Hurricane 1000F :hmm:

I do like the new stuff, but I like my old stuff too :inlove:

are we talking about bikes or wives here :idunno: :smilebig:

·
Banned
433 Posts
I'm hard pressed to tell a BMW, R1, CBR1000 and others apart. Yes, they're all ugly too in my opinion. They all look cookie cutter to me, and nothing to be desired. I like the older bikes myself, as well as older cars for the exact same reason. Every new bike needs the tail eliminator kit installed, or take a Sawzall to it. VFR1200F tried to be different, and no one will buy it. The ugliest bike is a Victory Vision. Ugliest sport bike is a Hayabusa. Looks like an underwater vehicle. I admit, I owned one of the ugliest bikes too, a Bking, looks like a Batman bike. I sold it and even make some money on it. I never once was passed by a CBR in a straight line. :D (FL that's all we got to brag about.) You got to dress them up to make them individualized. I don't love any bike more than if the price is right. It's objectivity, free cost of ownership over time, and I get more enjoyment out of variety than to limit myself to ride only one bike model for years. Like ice cream, either you enjoy 31 flavors, or you stick to vanilla. What pisses me off is when everyone only makes vanilla, and that's what you got for 2016, by all outward appearances.

Attachments

·
Banned
433 Posts
Why did you show 2014 pics of port wine cheese inspired paint jobs on a 2016 model thread?
It's not a Harley, not a wife, not someone's kid, it's a sport bike, so check the emotional responses and learn how to accept, like that Harley one time post guy that didn't lock up his stolen bike, yet needed it like a testicle.

I get favorable responses on non-CBR forums that see these are ugly too. If you don't drink Honda Koolaid, your mind has the clarity to call ugly, ugly. To sugar coat this pill, it's kinda of like the Camry of sport bikes. Better than a Nissan Cube, more appeal than an Aztec minivan, but it's still kind of a Camry, which isn't the worst thing someone can call the rest of the Honda line up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Why did you show 2014 pics of port wine cheese inspired paint jobs on a 2016 model thread?
Because it's the same bike, just in a different colour scheme, the changes to the 2016 MY Blade are minimal.

However I do concede that against this beauty the Fireblade looks like the backend of a bus!

·
Banned
433 Posts
The attachment I shared was all that I saw, no copper accent wheels, no studio lighting effects, or hard to find color schemes that hide the lines in question.

If I saw all of these options, sure, it's starting to look like a bike.

Elvis has left the building (oops, wrong thread)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts