Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Much more refinement and reliability....

and that's just the other 'blade owners !

Welcome to the 'org !

·
Registered
252 Posts
wynand said:
I have a 2001 GSXR1000 Suzuki and want to trade it in on the new Fireblade.
The GSXR1000 is VERY fast, develops huge power, has instant respons and pulls like a powerhouse in 6th gear from 1000rpm - rev limiter.

What can I expect from the Honda?

Regards

Wynand
I'll give him about another hour to read here.. :eyebrows: ...Then he'll understand the choice is clear........ :evilaugh: :evilaugh:

·
Registered
133 Posts
wynand said:
The GSXR1000 is VERY fast, develops huge power, has instant respons and pulls like a powerhouse in 6th gear from 1000rpm - rev limiter.

Regards

Wynand
Wynand. Are you just interested in huge power? If you are, then stick with the Suzuki. Honda's are about much more than just the power it puts to the ground. :smilebig:

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can expect a bike that inspires confidence and stays planted with enough pull to let you know what your getting into.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
redwhite929rr said:
Wynand. Are you just interested in huge power? If you are, then stick with the Suzuki. Honda's are about much more than just the power it puts to the ground. :smilebig:

yeah but the 1000rr does have more power than an 01 gsxr1000, if you're for brute power the ZX10R is the way to go.

·
Registered
453 Posts
wynand said:

Regards

Wynand
your GSXR 1000 is no slouch but do you realize what you just said in your post about what it does in 6th gear? :bs:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:hi: and :welcome: to the .org

The 1000RR is pure classand its only getting better as it goes along.

Run a search for 1000RR and you should find a few comments and have a read of the write up i did here

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
FullForce said:
your GSXR 1000 is no slouch but do you realize what you just said in your post about what it does in 6th gear? :bs:

are you saying your bike doesn't pull from 1000 in 6th? (I was dicking around one time doing like 30 and I put it all the way to 6th then hammered it open, oh man it took forever to get to 3000 but then it pulled pretty good from there)

·
Registered
453 Posts
CBR929RE said:
are you saying your bike doesn't pull from 1000 in 6th? (I was dicking around one time doing like 30 and I put it all the way to 6th then hammered it open, oh man it took forever to get to 3000 but then it pulled pretty good from there)
Im not stupid enough to damage my bike by trying to let it buck down the road humiliating myself in the process to find out, but this guy said his GSXR pulls like a powerhouse from 1000 in 6th. :shit:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
FullForce said:
Im not stupid enough to damage my bike by trying to let it buck down the road humiliating myself in the process to find out, but this guy said his GSXR pulls like a powerhouse from 1000 in 6th. :shit:

I now thats what you meant, it was a joke. but that time I did what I said I did not a single buck out of the thing, just the rpms took a long time to climb. I've actaully never got the bike to make even the slightest buck. must go back to what me and my friends say about driving a manual car "when you're learning you buck the sh*t out of it then once you get good you can't even get it to buck on purpose no matter how hard you try"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wynand said:

Regards

Wynand
Thanx for the two replies! :)

I got a chance to ride the new 1000 RR this week end. I must say I was dissapointed! :eyebrows:

I feels "lame" - powerless againt my GSXR 1000. I miss the midrange grunt of the Suzuki. It has a seat (made of a hard wooden plank??) that rides so hard that I will not be able to do long distances. I am 6'8" long - the Blade felt uncomforable! :idunno: - Very little wind protection from 140 kmh - redline in 6th.

On the positive side: :clap: It has very good brakes and felt very stable at high speed.

Please, don't be angry guys, I'm really just being honest here. I've ordered a Blade, so it's too late to cry now. I'll have to drop a tooth on the front sprocket I guess!

So, let me have it!!! :nono:

Regards.

Wynand

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I was somewhat disappoint initially as well, give it time and it will grow on you. Takes a little while for the 1000RR to reveal itself to you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't worry. Honda has a different way of doing things. Give it time, and you'll see. :smilebig:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Obviously those who has never set foot on a GSXR 1000 will not know that this thing can pull from 1000 rpm - rev limit .... in 6th gear. :thumb:

Sorry, this is a Honda page!!

Regards

W

1 - 20 of 28 Posts