Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean invest all that money into MUCH better servers, running costs and labor to help the site for now and the future!!! Thats what it is really for!

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Brian929RR said:
You mean invest all that money into MUCH better servers, running costs and labor to help the site for now and the future!!! Thats what it is really for!

Brian
Is it your site? it sounds that way, in which case you might make it a little clearer. if not, sorry for the question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
hey how about i run the same raffle for $10 each and only have 1500 people buy? double your chances?



i'm being sarcastic, but you get the point. how does a regular guy like me know this contest isnt going to be internally rigged anyways. i send my $10 off, a number gets called, i lose, big whoop. ya know?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,596 Posts
Just an FYI...Todd at Cal-Sportbike is doubling the amount you spend on the raffle tickets to be applied as a discount at his store (buy $20 worth of raffle tickets and take $40 off your next purchase). Not a bad deal...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
They've been running that for quite a while now (since at least last August), and still have 2239 tickets left to sell. According to the rules, if they haven't sold all 3000 tickets after 45 days, then they will hold the drawing after a minimum of 2500 tickets are sold. As it stands, it could be quite a while (if ever?) before they sell enough tickets to actually give away the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Red Rider said:
Just an FYI...Todd at Cal-Sportbike is doubling the amount you spend on the raffle tickets to be applied as a discount at his store (buy $20 worth of raffle tickets and take $40 off your next purchase). Not a bad deal...
So if I buy $120 in tickets, I can get $240 in tires for from Cal-Sportbike? :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
Jesus that deteriorated quickly....must have been a lot of people having a bad day when they were posting to that thread.

One though/Spanner in the works. Since websites are a global medium what would happen if someone from a different country/continent won? Who foots the bill for delivery?

I’m guessing that the organisers would be reluctant to ship the bike overseas (where it may not longer be legal) which leaves the winner to foot the bill of getting it there and making sure its legal. Bringing small items into Australia is shockingly EXPENSIVE, I’ve got no idea what it would cost to send an entire bike. Probably wouldn’t feel like much of a winner after getting that bill.

In fact it might be a better proposition to sell the bike to the country the raffle was based in then convert to local currency (hopefully with a nice exchange rate) and buy a new bike locally. Which would also mean that you would a get far better support/service for the bike once you did have it. And probably less grief from insurance companies about an imported bike (they always love those!!).

Otherwise the raffle would have to be limited to certain country(ies). Which would suck even more!

Damn this global Village!!! :rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
:thumb:

WERA's Cinderella:
Actually, I feel sorry for Brian. No, really.

From all indications, he doesn't understand. He's made himself look like an idiot, he's screwed up something he himself was pulling for, and he STILL doesn't get it... he still believes it's all somehow someone else's doing, someone else's fault; he's still looking for someone, anyone, to blame.

With such a complete lack of self-awareness, I can't see this boy going far in life, or finding much in the way of happiness. Or retaining friends for long. And that is really, sincerely sad.

I really hope that at some point it sinks in that this was his own damn fault, and why... because it is the only way he'll avoid doing it to himself again. And again. And again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
rocket said:
:thumb:

WERA's Cinderella:
Actually, I feel sorry for Brian. No, really.

From all indications, he doesn't understand. He's made himself look like an idiot, he's screwed up something he himself was pulling for, and he STILL doesn't get it... he still believes it's all somehow someone else's doing, someone else's fault; he's still looking for someone, anyone, to blame.

With such a complete lack of self-awareness, I can't see this boy going far in life, or finding much in the way of happiness. Or retaining friends for long. And that is really, sincerely sad.

I really hope that at some point it sinks in that this was his own damn fault, and why... because it is the only way he'll avoid doing it to himself again. And again. And again.
yer pretty much what I thinking "Poor Barstard", not blissful, but still ignorant of what was happening around him. Hopefully he was only blinded by rage rather than have it be a permanent condition.

More than likely he is looking at it the same way, "they just didn't get it", perhaps he should have taken into account the weight of numbers against him and stopped for a second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
You too can learn key sale phrases like, " Listen anus " or "No Jackass " and one of my personal favorites " F you Pussies!" :clap:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top