Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon my newb(ness) here but this is my first chain replacement. Im going with a simply EK530 MVXZ Chain and need to know spocket sizes etc. I could open my manual but you guys are the pros so what do I get? 17,16,15 up front...and what about the rear? And I do understand that a 530 chain needs 530 spockets.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If i remember correctly 16/43 is stock @ 108 links 15/45 is -1/+2 wich will throw your speedo off (need a speedohealer) -1 +2 will give you a real quick acceleration but lose in the top end this is what i usally run on most of my bike though.. 530 is the pitch of chain/ sprokets you will need 530 chain and 530 sprokets

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Yup, 16/43 is stock, but a much better choice is either 15/44 or 15/45, both of which will work with the stock chain length. The stock gearing is too tall. Either of those choices are perfect for the track, and still fine for street use. (The RPMs won't be crazy high). I have 15/44 on mine and it's street-only now.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Thanks guys...tell me a bit more about this MASTER LINK....
The master is the link you use to join the chain.
You can get rivets, spring clip or a screw down one from RK I think.
Rivetted links you don't need to think about again.
Clips are useful if you regularly remove your chains to run different gearing for example. You need to silicone the clip on and check them regularly for any sign of damage. And I recommend keeping spare clips on hand so you don't have to re-use them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ill just have a shop rivet it then.... good to be back bladeracer...lol no major engine paranoia this season hahahaha. Although Im having my valves checked and adjusted this week by the local Ducati dealership (good guys, work on a lot of jap bikes too), I always get nervous there going to find some major issue with my baby.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.