Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not getting much from the original forum so here goes:

I'll be installing a new 15T sprocket and the one I got doesn't have the rubber side guide areas like the 16T stocker. Is this a vital piece of the sprocket or can it do without? thanks

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Fine without it.

Where did you post it originally?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RRzone...I know I know....sleeping with the enemy.:D

I don't feel like getting involved in forum wars. Information is precious and this forum is a good source.

thank you!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I don't either, just wondered if it was here. (Edit: Guess that would've been a diff "category" not forum)

That is by far the best mod for performance/dollar. Have fun!

·
Registered
32 Posts
xraycatj said:
Not getting much from the original forum so here goes:

I'll be installing a new 15T sprocket and the one I got doesn't have the rubber side guide areas like the 16T stocker. Is this a vital piece of the sprocket or can it do without? thanks

The rubber on the factory sprocket reduces chain noise (supposedly). The aftermarket countershaft sprockets won't have them as you've discovered but I could never tell the difference noise-wise, and I've swapped them on three different bikes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Island Moose said:
The rubber on the factory sprocket reduces chain noise (supposedly). The aftermarket countershaft sprockets won't have them as you've discovered but I could never tell the difference noise-wise, and I've swapped them on three different bikes.
It did reduce a lot of noise as I found out this morning. Not noticeable while riding but when adjusting the chain or lubing when your ear is right there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts