Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my first Dyno run with full Hindle/PC3/flapper removed/and K9inAZ's custom map. Only 4 horsies gained over my D&D slip-on. No PC3 with the D&D slip-on. The power curve doesn't look to bad on either in my opinion, but what is your take on it? Notice the minor loss of torque also.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
abtech said:
Installing someone else's custom map on your bike is a wish in one hand and $hit in the other.
Yup, and I guess that goes for using maps on the Dynojet site, or Dan's maps, too, as they aren't made specifically for your bike, although they were made on a bike with the same mods?

A custom map does make a great difference. I figured I'd spent all that money on the full system and PCIII, so why not spend the extra to set it up properly.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Yup, and I guess that goes for using maps on the Dynojet site, or Dan's maps, too, as they aren't made specifically for your bike, although they were made on a bike with the same mods?

A custom map does make a great difference. I figured I'd spent all that money on the full system and PCIII, so why not spend the extra to set it up properly.
As I have mentoned in a couple of other threads (and on another site as well), I worked on three identical 929s as they were uncrated and each one was filled with decent gas and put on the dyno right out of the box. The three bikes had over 7 HP difference between them (bone stock). After doing base runs on all of the bikes, PC111s and Akro full systems were installed and the resulting custom maps were VERY different from each other and the bike with the most HP stock still ended up with 4 HP more than the other 2. We tried swapping maps and every combination made the "test" bike worse than it's own custom map and one of them took an 8 HP dump using the custom map from the "best" bike.

I see DJ maps and anyone else's custom maps as a decent starting point, but definitely not optimum by a long shot . . .

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree with what you said, and the plan was for a custom map today, but we ran into a problem with the usb port on his computer. I'll probably have to go to Redline...Osiris, have you heard anything good/bad about them? Thanks to all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts