1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
824 Posts
ya slip ons and even full systems are a pretty easy install...thats why most people do that as one of the first things to the bike....is the pipe making the bike idle crappy? Every 2 bros ive heard on a newer cbr has had a bad idle...they do sound mean once they get going but the lack of the s-bend in the mid pipe causes a lack of back pressure at the engine...

not like our bikes really need more power though :) the only time i get even close to using my bikes potential is at the track! looks good though!

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
The weather finally let up to allow me to install my new slip on. Man this thing is loud. It was a good thing I also ordered the silencer tip with it. She sounds great!

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad142/johnpi/CBR1000RR/Picture004.jpg
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad142/johnpi/CBR1000RR/Picture002.jpg

I still have to install my fender eliminator kit one of these days....
Look into one of these when you have the cash:

Honda, 2008-10 CBR1000RR, Custom Bodywork, Hotbodies Racing

It cleans the aftermarket installation of an exhaust up real nice on the 08-10 1000rr. :thumb:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I know a guy who will make a cusom one of those to fit your bike and pipe perfectly+ he makes them out of carbon fiber! you can pick the color and style weave and it is cheaper than that thing! If anyone is intersted PM me and il give you his email...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya slip ons and even full systems are a pretty easy install...thats why most people do that as one of the first things to the bike....is the pipe making the bike idle crappy? Every 2 bros ive heard on a newer cbr has had a bad idle...they do sound mean once they get going but the lack of the s-bend in the mid pipe causes a lack of back pressure at the engine...

not like our bikes really need more power though :) the only time i get even close to using my bikes potential is at the track! looks good though!

Not really...well kinda... i did notice when I first started it up(cold), the idle would go up and down untill it was warmed up. But then I installed the power tip in the can and the up-down idle was gone completely(cold or warm). It does sound mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.