Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a re-post (did a quick search but didn't see it!) - New Fireblade and R1 video test - worth a look!

MCN Embed Player 2

I'm sure the R1 has a cracking engine & goes like a rocket, but I think it's just too ugly!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The technology is interesting - but for me the R1 has always been about the looks as much as the bike - not this time!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I still need to ride one. The bike is geared up two teeth in the rear and that will make it feel snappier off throttle at all rpms. I am seeing dynos coming in and this bike is making 145 rwhp. To me its the ugliest of all four right now too, (i did see on in the dealership they dont get better in person). I would imagine the ride being very differant and i am sure it is a blast to ride. I wont buy one thats for sure, maybe in three years when the newest crossplane is built. I would be much happier with a honda v4 thats for sure!

That d mode selector is like installing a quick pull throttle.

Take the blade, give it a hrc quick turn, and gear it up two teeth on the rear and ride to two, BLADE hands down.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The new R-1 looks like a praying mantis with down syndrome .WTF were they thinking with the the design of the rear of the bike too?. The new R-1 definitley is the ugliest out of the bunch, but the new motor design is suppose to be the shizznit.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Its following in the same foot steps as Suzuki - the electronic deemo (not sure how to spell it) has three settings whereby it adjusts how fast the throttle butterfly opens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts