Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready for a dP school on Sunday, so I set about getting the 954 ready for the track. Tires, brakes, etc. I also just received my Dan Kyle forks from 2OHOH2954.

I pulled off the first fork easily enough I remember thinking I needed to mark it so I wouldn't get it confused with the new one. No danger there, the difference is night and day.

Take the stock forks and the DK forks and push down on them, side by side. The DK fork springs right back to where it should be. The stock one...well, it thinks about it.

I'm very happy with how smoothly this project went.

So, now I'll try a new shock (Ohlins), new forks and new tires all at once!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Huh, you noticed a difference? But I though I sent you the stock forks...

J/K

Sounds like you'll be putting them to better us than I have been

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some tuning at Sears Point today and here's what I learned:

2OHOH2954 like his supension SOFT! I had about 3 inches of Sag to start with!

Cranked down the preload and then gave it a little more compression. I need another day to really get it dialed in right.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I hadn't touched them since receiving them from Dan, so those were his settings for what I described my riding style to be (street, semi-aggressive)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It felt pretty floaty to me at first, especially in turn 7. By the end of the day, it felt solid (much better than stock); but, I was pushing the front end a little in 6.

Suspension is still a lot of voodoo to me, so I'm trying to learn.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Glad you had a good time. I did too. You left a little early so I didn't get a chance to see how you ended up for the day. I started getting much more confident in the SV although I really noticed the power difference when I tried staying with a couple guys on TL1000's and stuff. I was able to hang in the corners but the straights I got dusted. Still very fun for my first ride on the SV and at Infineon. I'll be trying to get my racing license there next year, the second race of the AFM season. Hope i got enough practice in.

-BZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts