Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I bought my bike it had one of those keyless fuel caps....not what I want. So I ordered a new fuel cap (cheap one) with a key. Only problem is that its only held on with three actual bolts but there are small bolts thats are just cosmetic. I need the small bolt.....Anyone know where I can fidn these little thing. Ever BikeBandit who sells OEM stuff doesnt list them. ?????? anyone know where or have these little bolts?

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
So when I bought my bike it had one of those keyless fuel caps....not what I want. So I ordered a new fuel cap (cheap one) with a key. Only problem is that its only held on with three actual bolts but there are small bolts thats are just cosmetic. I need the small bolt.....Anyone know where I can fidn these little thing. Ever BikeBandit who sells OEM stuff doesnt list them. ?????? anyone know where or have these little bolts?
:hmm: ....Can you not just use short bolts with a nut

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bolts do not thread into the tank and they are smaller in diameter and length but the same size head..... thet are for looks, Id have to find the same size bolt head(hex) but a smaller diameter threaded part and length...see my issue?

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
The bolts do not thread into the tank and they are smaller in diameter and length but the same size head..... thet are for looks, Id have to find the same size bolt head(hex) but a smaller diameter threaded part and length...see my issue?
Know the ones you mean... just never seen them for sale...
But know you can get short bolts (allan head).... some with thin threads...

I was thinkin of replacing my gixxer ones (just becouse they were not as shiney as I'd like) & was just gunna bolt normal ones through...

....if threads was to wide was going to drill the holes larger & if to long was gunna cut them down:thumb: .... turned out the old one cleaned up ok so didn't bother:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts