Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body got any feedback on this new one? I've been thinkin. Took a drive in a used '05, 6 speed last week

My personal expierience with GM has been less that stellar. I was hoping that this was more Aussie and not normal GM.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd be interested in test-driving one just for the performance factor.

IMO however, it's a crime that they named it GTO. That should have been reserved for something spectacular.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I don't know anything about them but, I sure would like to have one !--- For the nostalgia. When i was a kid that was the car. 389. tri-power, 4 speed, 411 rear end and you were king.

The 30,000.00 + price tag puts some other performance cars ahead of it, WRX would be my first choice for less money then the Goat.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've got an '04 and love it. Haven't done much to it so far (K&N Cold Air Intake and SLP pipes). Have been thinking about throwing some money at it now that it's not my daily driver! 350HP makes it a lot of fun, and it's capable of utilizing all of it. It's also very comfortable. The interior is top notch. It doesn't feel cheap at all. I've made several 1000+ mile trips in it and wasn't uncomfortable at all. It's all Aussie. It ships completed from OZ and lands here ready to drive. Plus people just don't know... It's quite the sleeper, although the scoops on the '05 and '06 hoods do wake it up a bit...

Oh, and it'll walk an STi... :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
:rolleyes:

Alright...............
Don't think so? From a dig, I'll lose. AWD has its advantages. Rolling start, I'll take them. Not by much, but I will. Go over to ls1gto.com and read the kill section. You'll hear the same stuff...

·
Registered
806 Posts
The kills there are more honest than most places. You will see as many "I got killed by a xxx" as you will "I killed an xxx". But I will give you the fact that they are close and in the end it'll probably be a drivers race.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
They are both incredible cars.

I'd prefer the GTO strictly because it's more comfortable. but the STi is definitely the athlete of the two. The GTO is worthless when the roads get twisty.

But considering how crappy the roads are around here, I'll take the smoother ride.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
Um, what would qualify as spectacular in your book? :huh:
I wasn't trying to insult anyone who loves the car.

It's just that I grew up drooling over GTOs for their performance and looks. The styling on this one leaves me cold. At first I had to do double-takes to know if I was looking at a Grand Prix or a GTO. Stealth has its advantages, but I was just hoping for a lot more from this nameplate.

·
Registered
806 Posts
DUX said:

It's just that I grew up drooling over GTOs for their performance and looks. The styling on this one leaves me cold. At first I had to do double-takes to know if I was looking at a Grand Prix or a GTO. Stealth has its advantages, but I was just hoping for a lot more from this nameplate.
I agree with you... Aesthetically, it's not breathtaking. And all it is is a nameplate. It's a Holden Monaro that's been rebadged. Not exactly shooting really high for a high performance comeback car that has a lot to live up to! But I still love it... :)

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
DUX said:

I didn't find it insulting at all.

Though I appreciate the low key looks, they tend to cross over into just plain boring.

But with that kind of power, who cares?

I liked it, but would never have bought it.

Many people don't like my car. I don't care about that either. Cars are incredibly subjective.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
Yeah, but the goat would walk the WRX. You'd need an STi to hang with it.

Keep in mind, the two cars were built for completely different purposes.

You won't walk my WRX on a rally-cross track with off-road sections, or hustling it through the twisties on a snowy day in Vermont. :D

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
oldgoat said:
yeah your right there, no replacement for big displacement, or something like that.:thumb:
:huh: but a WRX and STi are in theory the same car, mainly anyways. The STi just comes super silly right out of the box and has much better goodies brembro brakes...:drool:...6 speed tranny :drool: super sleek body kit :drool: sweet spoiler :drool: .....great now I'll be daydreaming alllllllll friggin day now

I dont see the GTO winning in a race personally, the STi would spank the thing off the line and once moving the turbo would be all spooled up waving :hellobye: to the GTO

1 - 20 of 41 Posts