Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everybody?? Finally decided to join up on this forum too... some may recognize me from other forums as I'm on quite a few

Anyways, quick intro... my name is Jared, I live in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina just outside of Asheville. Been riding for just over 5 years now, and I currently ride a black/red '04 CBR 600 F4i, which I absolutely love to death! Unfortunately it's been down since Dec 17th due to a 25 mph lowside, and my engine suffered an early demise in the fiasco. But I'm working on that and should be back on the road in about 2 weeks or so :thumb:

A few pics from before the crash.... she was at 177,428 miles when I went down. Both from my cross country ride last year, Atlanta, GA to Tucson, AZ and back in 7 days

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
:welcome:to the .Org ! Some great scenery and the bike is looking awesome for the mileage. When you get her back in one piece post up some pics, or even start a re-build thread:thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!! :thumb:

Progress on the bike is coming along very well.... should be back in one piece and back in the road within 2 weeks, possibly sooner! Believe me there will be a massive rebuild thread posted, with more pictures than you could ever imagine, hahah. I doubt anyone would believe the lengths I went to to keep my engine as original as possible to get it running again as I did, so I took lots of pictures for photo evidence, lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey , I'm from Asheville also. 08 CBR 1000. Hit me up always looking for knew people to ride with us.
Awesome!! Always looking for new riding buddies around here.... doesn't seem like there are many in the area, especially on the forums

Are you on NCS at all?? We're also trying to get a local rider group going on meetup.com as well

Give me a call or shoot me a text sometime and we'll meet up.... 954 five nine one 996 zero :thumb:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Jared. Been riding down your way several times. Usually stay in Bryson City and run the whole area including the Blue Ridge and Cherohola. Of course we do Deals Gap and many other places.

Enjoy the Forum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Jared. Been riding down your way several times. Usually stay in Bryson City and run the whole area including the Blue Ridge and Cherohola. Of course we do Deals Gap and many other places.

Enjoy the Forum!
The next time you are down you should hit up some of us locals and let us show you some of our hidden secrets. Would love to have any of you down any time.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The next time you are down you should hit up some of us locals and let us show you some of our hidden secrets. Would love to have any of you down any time.
Thanks and I will keep that in mind although we have been riding more in the South East corner of Ohio the last few years. Found some great roads (not quite as good as yours) and only 4 hrs away instead of 11 hrs for us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Planning on riding wed and thurs not sure what your schedule looks like during the week i usually get most of my riding in on weekdays
Cool.... well my bike is still in pieces undergoing a massive rebuild from a wreck back in Dec (25 mph lowside at the McDowell-Biltmore Ave fork = cracked engine case and bent crankshaft..... loooooong story I'll tell you all about it when we meet up). It probably won't be ready for about a week or so.... waiting on my new headgasket, airbox, fairing stay, and left fairing to arrive in the mail. Then I can put the engine back in and get her all back together again

Still though if you want to meet up and grab some lunch or something in the meantime, give me a ring. I lost my job last tuesday so I've got pretty much nothing going on in the meantime

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool.... well my bike is still in pieces undergoing a massive rebuild from a wreck back in Dec (25 mph lowside at the McDowell-Biltmore Ave fork = cracked engine case and bent crankshaft..... loooooong story I'll tell you all about it when we meet up). It probably won't be ready for about a week or so.... waiting on my new headgasket, airbox, fairing stay, and left fairing to arrive in the mail. Then I can put the engine back in and get her all back together again

Still though if you want to meet up and grab some lunch or something in the meantime, give me a ring. I lost my job last tuesday so I've got pretty much nothing going on in the meantime
Sounds good to me, if you are still needing some parts you should check out quick time in greenville the are a full service salvage yard with and amazing supply of parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.