Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My name is Nik. I live in Flagstaff, AZ. I just picked up a pretty clean 2003 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade, so naturally found this great resource. Right now, my intention is to use my Fireblade about 50/50 between the track and street use. I would just as soon ride only on the track, but the closest track is just over 2 hours away. There are some great curvy mountain roads around me, and will also ride it on the street. I've had motorcycles my whole life, ranging from mopeds, motocross bikes, super sports, and even a Harley. I'm currently on the market for a street fighter/naked bike, and happened upon this gem of a Fireblade in my searching. I was wanting a smaller cc bike to start my track day experience, but hope to do well with this. I intend to attend a riding school and learn as much as possible. I have even considered starting out my track day riding on a little KTM 390 Duke, to learn to be fast before using the power of a liter bike as a "crutch". Anyhow, just looking to have a little fun. And excited to have found this forum! Pics to follow shortly!

Nik

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,352 Posts
Welcome! I also had some kind of "thing" with wanting to track a big heavy old bike, so I did. a 99 900RR. I love them to death, but when you have a 15 year old running on a 400cc and smoking you at every turn, you wonder why you did it. But for me, it was something I knew I wasn't going to be "racing", and can barely to get to 2 track days a year, so I m tracking my dream bike anyway. I love it. You will certainly love the way the 954 handles itself on the track, you just can't beat yourself up when the kids go roaring by on the smaller bikes.

I wouldn't mind running a smaller bike and getting faster, but it just won't lead to anything. I thoroughly enjoy being "slow" on my 900 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts