Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna start off by saying hi :) to everyone, ive been trolling the site for research about a couple different bikes and this is an awsome site alot of you deff seem to be very knowledgeable and helpfull. Im getting a 900rr as a first bike...yeah ive read alot about it and understand about how touchy the brakes are and the other werry issues for a new rider with a big bike. But its a 99 with 01 954 forks was wondering if have to leave it streetfighter or am i able to get the fronts back to stock(

Any help would be grately appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello and welcome! Not sure about your fork question but I just wanted to say I got a 1000rr for a first bike and as long as you respect the fact that the thing will put you in your place if you screw around at first you'll be fine. Just take it easy at first and ride safe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.! And i deff do respect the bike and dont plan on messing around i like my body how it is lol. Hopefully someone can chime in with an answer.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Just kno the 900rrs have string of problems all on their own. #3 rod bearing, bad grounds, bad chargeing system, front brakes aren't the best but adequate. Yes 75% of them have problems and will be a work in progress indefinately but almost anything used from the 90s will need constant care till its all repaired replaced or rebuilt.

All in all I Love my blade I like way she screams and attitude shes got. Plus I kno her inside and out spent over 3k so far. And could spend another 3k lol.

Just want you to know what your getting into. Espically for first tine rider. Don't want ur first bike to be the one that sours all them for you.

900rr us a awesome bike I think. But they All need something!

Good luck
btw bigger displacement don't enlarge ball size, 600cc areFast too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do already know about the charging system lol, it does have that problem now and had a bad ground stator and regulator were checked out. Ive replaced a lot of parts as well as a Carb cleaning from a reputable shop it starts with no problems but in a stall itll just click. Im thinking rectifier? Ido agree about the displacement i chose the bike soley on the fact of my height n weight i would rather a 600 but i got it from a buddy for a nice price. Their issues are like older cars but lke with anything if you take care of it, itll take care of you

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
there great bikes:welcome: the 954 forks keep those on the brakes and the forks are a lot better! then the stock 900rr forks any of them! 92-99! plus the fender looks better... you can make it a fairing bike with those forks just fine! why did you think you needed to change them???
I have a 94 CBR 900rr and a 01 CBR 929! the 929 has 954 forks on it, putting 929 forks on the 900rr works just fine...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys :)!! I needed to change the 99 forks because my buddy clipped a curb to avoid being hit by someone not paying attention and was able to source the forks the guy even had new seals n oil for us for when they needed to be redone

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thanks guys :)!! I needed to change the 99 forks because my buddy clipped a curb to avoid being hit by someone not paying attention and was able to source the forks the guy even had new seals n oil for us for when they needed to be redone
then use 954 forks or 929 forks! because if you use 900rr forks and it has 954 stuff on it now! you will need brake rotors, brake lever, brake res on and on! don't go back to 900rr forks it will cost you more then staying with 954 forks!:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on leaving the 954 forks on it. it has everything but the surrounding fairings. Also wanna do a f4i gauge setup. Can anyone tell me what fairigs i can use for the front?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts