Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum just wanted to say hey and thanks for having me.

Recently pulled the blower off my mustang and traded it for a 1999 900rr, always been a Honda guy owned about 6 over the past couple years and glad to be back on one, last one was 954rr which I loved but had to part with for financial resaons.

Starting my first thread off by asking where yall are ordering parts from, couple things right off the batt I need. I first of am having lots of trouble turning the ignition and after reading a thread on here I'm going to have the key copied and see if it fixes it but the cylinder feels pretty sloppy.

Next, petcock leaks like kind of alot, more so after I been ****ing with it, so I'm needing an ignition and key most likly as well as a petcock, I know the ignition is specific too 98/99 so I don't want to get the wrong one. Last of all, as much as I love the scheme the plastics are destroyed so I'll be ording new ones.

Thanks for any/all replies and hope to get this thing looking good and runnin perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, petcock is still leaking but I tore the ignition down today and fixed it, put a spring on the "return shaft" if that makes sence, it wasn't a key problem at all it just wasn't pushing the cylinder up enough to unlock the igntion, so the spring put pressure on the lock mech and allowed it to travel up to unlock. Prolly doesn't make sence but if yoy took it apart and looked at how it woked it makes sence

·
Banned
831 Posts
21-105 Rick's Electronics = $141 for the stator, and the only fuel valve I'd buy is a Pingel.# PINPE66292 = $141. Seems to be the price for everything on that bike! lol

Once you get a Pingel, you'll never get anything else. I get them even when I don't need it. OEM sucks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
21-105 Rick's Electronics = $141 for the stator, and the only fuel valve I'd buy is a Pingel.# PINPE66292 = $141. Seems to be the price for everything on that bike! lol

Once you get a Pingel, you'll never get anything else. I get them even when I don't need it. OEM sucks.
Fortunalty I found a write up and just drilled the rivets, cleaned it up re sealed it and it hadn't leaked a drop since, if it does that will he the one I buy without a doubt, I have read good things on them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts