Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 1997 Honda CBR 600 F3. 13k miles and in mint condition. I picked it up a day ago from the original owner. I know its nothing too fancy but I like it and am enjoying it so far! It has a K&N filter and a yoshi exhaust.

I had a question for some of the experienced guys here. Anybody know where I can get a thermostat for this bike? Also, whats a good oil and filter to use?

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
:welcome:Nice...that bike is clean....can't help with the thermostat, but I would definitly use a regular oem honda filter.:thumb:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:welcome: the bike look snice and clean. As for oil and filter, I use anything I'm not too worried about brands - I change it twice as frequently as Honda advise anyway.

eBay is always worth a look for parts like the the thermostat....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude, I love that bike!! That's really unique looking. is it your first bike?
It is my first bike actually. I've rode around my brother's 600 for years, but never owned one of my own! Was looking for awhile for a good one and I think i found one! Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what's weirding me out...for a 1997 model, it looks brand new. Are those the original plastics?
They are the original plastics :) It was never laid down and pretty much pampered and always garaged. It was driven by an older guy that put maybe 300 miles on it a year for the past 10 years. Judging by the remarks from you guys, I guess this isn't your everyday bike you run into condition wise? lol:idunno:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
They are the original plastics :) It was never laid down and pretty much pampered and always garaged. It was driven by an older guy that put maybe 300 miles on it a year for the past 10 years. Judging by the remarks from you guys, I guess this isn't your everyday bike you run into condition wise? lol:idunno:
For that age of bike, from your explanation, now we can understand why it..REALLY IS LIKE NEW! Awesome...I thought it may of had new plastics.

Great job, brilliant condition :clap::thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For that age of bike, from your explanation, now we can understand why it..REALLY IS LIKE NEW! Awesome...I thought it may of had new plastics.

Great job, brilliant condition :clap::thumb:
Thanks! Glad I made a good decision! Being my first bike and no input from any friends/relatives on if it was a good find or not, I was putting myself out there guessing haha!

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Thanks! Glad I made a good decision! Being my first bike and no input from any friends/relatives on if it was a good find or not, I was putting myself out there guessing haha!
Trust me when I say, You got a steal there!! Lucky guy! Just look after her the same way the original owner did and she'll last you for years and years:clap::thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
very nice my 91 f2 isnt near the condition as for the thermostat honda has to order 99.9% of all parts but it should cost around $50... I only know cause i just got one for mine. I also use the OEM honda filter but with Mobile1 motorcycle oil...seems to work great for mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is a crackin bike bud i had 2000 model 600f for my 1st bike and it was probably the best thing i could have bought at the time. :thumb: Keep er lit, and between the hedges!!!!:nworthy2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts