Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all ive been on the site for about a yr but have never posted this will change i recently lost my dear friend a 2000 929rr :crying: but i have just purchased a new to me 06 1000rr i hope she treats me as good as my 929 did

any advise on the new bike would be much appreciated i.e. mods etc

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sorry for your loss but it does look like you have found a lovely new companion, now get out there and ride her hard.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
:welcome: to the .org! Not a fan of the yellow/black scheme, but the 29s and 54s were awesome bikes... I think your new (and very sexy in red 'n black) toy is going to be heavier and, if I'm not mistaken, only has a few HP advantage over your old baby. Still nice though, especially in my favorite colours =)

·
Registered
170 Posts
don't the 1000's have like 25 more hp at the wheel than 929s? definitely heavier but I think they wear it well from what ive heard. Anywayz, nice bike, I love my 929 but am always jealous of a 04-07 1000 :welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't the 1000's have like 25 more hp at the wheel than 929s? definitely heavier but I think they wear it well from what ive heard. Anywayz, nice bike, I love my 929 but am always jealous of a 04-07 1000 :welcome:
yes they run about 171hp stock and i will still keep my eyes out for another good 929 or 954 love em soo much

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey all ive been on the site for about a yr but have never posted this will change i recently lost my dear friend a 2000 929rr :crying: but i have just purchased a new to me 06 1000rr i hope she treats me as good as my 929 did

any advise on the new bike would be much appreciated i.e. mods etc
038Red! We are just hours from midnight when it will be May 4th again. Coincidentally, this Thread was last edited on May 4th 2014, soon to be 7 years ago.
Do you still have your 06 'Blade?
Did you find the brakes to be weak? (🙊or utter p*sh) Only asking coz I've had clenche my buttcheeks and work overtime to avert collision. 😂😂
I've only owned my 07 model 2 years and not ready to part with the beast despite it being on its 3rd set of plastics. It's smooth not Barking!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts