3,033 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,340 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
:eek::eek::eek:

I can't even get my dealer to order one to look at, haven't had a CBR1000 on the showroom floor there in probably 5 years, what a change from when the 929 came out and I had to get 8 of them ready for sale in one day.

View attachment 94706
Crumbs! After Ian's comment, I was about to ask "What 25 year old classic bike will people be buying in 2044?".

Then I realised it will be Roberta's 1000, and if the sales volumes are low, it will be rare and worth a fortune!

Which reminds me, I need to start planning to make my own high quality, high energy-density liquid fuel in 20 litre batches .......

·
7,340 Posts
Crumbs! After Ian's comment, I was about to ask "What 25 year old classic bike will people be buying in 2044?".

Then I realised it will be Roberta's 1000, and if the sales volumes are low, it will be rare and worth a fortune!

Which reminds me, I need to start planning to make my own high quality, high energy-density liquid fuel in 20 litre batches .......
That's kinda of true Duncan, unfortunately the recent 1k's aren't that awesome, otherwise it would be selling and winning World Superbike Titles.........or MotoAmerica titles or any other titles for that matter (truthfully there may be some, but I'm not researching it :grin)

In 25 years I don't think the recent 1k's will be as coveted as the old round eyes, even in their rarity :wink

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
. . . In 25 years I don't think the recent 1k's will be as coveted as the old round eyes, even in their rarity :wink
Also agree.

My 2018 CBR1000RR SP2 was/is supposed to be a 'special' bike. In 25 years it will be relegated to 'just another Blade'. Although I didn't buy it as pure investment, its value evaporates faster than a Sahara oasis.:frown

Prices of all Tadao Baba's Blades in UK alone hold their place very well both in value and interest.

I now wait for the 2020 'all new' Blade claimed to be released at the next Tokyo Motor Show. :grin

·
7,340 Posts
Also agree.

My 2018 CBR1000RR SP2 was/is supposed to be a 'special' bike. In 25 years it will be relegated to 'just another Blade'. Although I didn't buy it as pure investment, its value evaporates faster than a Sahara oasis.:frown

Prices of all Tadao Baba's Blades in UK alone hold their place very well both in value and interest.

I now wait for the 2020 'all new' Blade claimed to be released at the next Tokyo Motor Show. :grin
Although I would "kill" for a brand new blade (2018 or whatever), I would really love to see the "new" blade be an extreme redo and a V-4 at the very least, following the lines of the RC213V. It would need GP horsepower and titanium everything. Trick motor, trick suspension, and a catastrophic price, like the RC30 and RC45 before it. Seriously, how successful were those 2 bikes (obviously the 30 had a longer run, but the 45 won championships as well. That's what I would buy if I could get a new blade. I don't want another massaged inline 4. I want the trickest bike on the street.

I need to start playing the lottery :grin

·
Registered
275 Posts
Although I would "kill" for a brand new blade (2018 or whatever), I would really love to see the "new" blade be an extreme redo and a V-4 at the very least, following the lines of the RC213V. It would need GP horsepower and titanium everything. Trick motor, trick suspension, and a catastrophic price, like the RC30 and RC45 before it. Seriously, how successful were those 2 bikes (obviously the 30 had a longer run, but the 45 won championships as well. That's what I would buy if I could get a new blade. I don't want another massaged inline 4. I want the trickest bike on the street.

I need to start playing the lottery :grin

We all hope that you win the lottery, Ian, photos when you buy it, please:

Honda RC213V-S presented by Padgett's Motorcycles

Attachments

·
7,340 Posts
I'm Roberta from Salt Lake City. I just bought my bike and decided to join this forum to learn from all of you.

Ride safe!
Welcome to the .org. Hope you find what you're looking for. Can you perhaps include a pic of your bike?
All the banter in this thread and not an answer for 5 days..............:nerd Hello???????:devil

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
All the banter in this thread and not an answer for 5 days..............:nerd Hello???????:devil
Yes, a shame. As many of us know, this is the way of forums. Some get so enthused about their new bike and wish to share their joy, only to later feel there's no time (or inclination) to immerse themself in the community.

There could be legitimate reasons though for Roberta's absence. She might have high-demand employment; she might be riding the butt off her new bike; or 7 of the 34 children might just have unreasonable demands on her time. Whatever the reason, this forum is a great place for camaraderie and information sharing. AND, it's non-sexist. What more could a girl want?:smile

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys new to the forum myself and got a question. Iv got a 98 cbr900rr that I'm streetfightering and want to know if a bandit 600 clocks would work on my bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts