Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm new to the site, and a bit new to riding in general.

i currently ride a 94 zx-7, but i'm starting to really like the 954RR for my next bike. I've been looking at a few other brands, but so far the honda seems to be the best choice.

i've been riding for 2 years now, and I'm planning to purchase a new bike in fall of 04 or spring of 05.

can some of you guys offer up your experiences with the 954, and give me hints and tips about buying one, ie. what to look out for, reasonable prices, and stuff like that.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
:welcome: to the best motorcycling site on the planet!

I bought my first 954 about a year ago, and I couldn't possibly be happier. It's an outstanding, incredible machine that can do more than I could possibly imagine. From the first test ride I knew I needed to own one.

Because of its incredible handling, light weight, gobs of power and tremendous braking capability, I've never felt safer on a bike. However, I also respect how much trouble I could get myself into if I don't use its capabilities wisely.

You'll get lots of great guidance here - I know I have.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
:cheers: Welcome mattg! Should you get the 954, I guarantee you will love it. 2 years on a mid-size bike? Hmmm, you should be ready for the 954 - just realize that, relatively speaking, quite a few years of technological advances have occurred, and HP has increased a lot! Get the 954, ride it with respect and common sense, and enjoy :D

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Great to know there will be one more great bike on the Milwaukee roads.. please don't chrome anything, OK?

:welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CBRVFR said:
please don't chrome anything, OK?

agreed.

i want the black/silver/red color, on the 02 i'm looking at. so far I like those colors best.

chrome is too much bling for me. I was thinking about getting the akra full system, dunno if I want a carbon or TI can yet, PC IIIr, SS brake lines, Scotts damper, frame sliders, and a tinted wind screen.

thats about all i plan to do to it.

all i can think about is getting a 954 now, and there is no way I'll be able to get one until next fall. :O but hey, I can dream right?

where can i go find some good pics of 02 954's so I can see what you guys have done? and I need a good 954 wallpaper if anyone has one.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Welcome aboard. I bought my 954 in mid 2002 and am extremely happy with it. I like it more than the current 1000RR. But get the red one...(it's faster ;) )

:welcome:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :welcome:

Rick

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Bacchus said:
Ooooohh, not a wise pic selection here :nono:
ohhhh noooooo, it's going to start again.

Ok members don't give him a hard time, just explain nicely what is accepted here :D

mattg
a lot of the members here do not like or like to promote stunting, so if you want to remain on their good side, don't talk about it or post pics of it.
I'm not flamming you (cause It doesn't worry me), but others get a bit tight about it :D

p.s.
Good pics :thumb:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
ratter said:
ohhhh noooooo, it's going to start again.
:idunno: I just wanted to beat Conq to it :D If I had the skills/balls to pull a good wheelie, I'm sure I would, often (in a safe, out of the way environment of course). All I have to do though, is think back to my MX days, and how many times I looped a light weight dirt bike. Double the MC weight, and substitute asphalt for dirt = no way dude!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Bacchus said:
:idunno: I just wanted to beat Conq to it :D If I had the skills/balls to pull a good wheelie, I'm sure I would, often (in a safe, out of the way environment of course). All I have to do though, is think back to my MX days, and how many times I looped a light weight dirt bike. Double the MC weight, and substitute asphalt for dirt = no way dude!
Wasn't having a go at you bacchus, just wanted to make mattg aware that some of the members may get a little upset, like we had a couple of weeks ago. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts