Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to a Christmas party at the local dealer last night and the guy that runs the joint is telling me that they are not running the RC211 anymore, and that they have a 6 cylinder motor they Sete and Nicky have tested. I was shoked that I hadn't heard anything about it, and he said that it has been news for a while now.

Anybody else heard this?

HD

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
eerr.. nope. Heard rumours of a V6, but only rumours. And nor for use for next season, but the season after at best...

Z...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Zeeman said:
eerr.. nope. Heard rumours of a V6, but only rumours. And nor for use for next season, but the season after at best...

Z...
Yep, what he said... That was floating around, but HRC pres said they had only modeled one on a computer, but thats it.

Based on what edwards said on the year in review show on tuesday, the RC211V is just flat out, THAT GOOD...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
Yep, what he said... That was floating around, but HRC pres said they had only modeled one on a computer, but thats it.
That thread debate raged awhile last time around....maybe it was on the old board and is gone now....???

There was a lot of speculation, but I seem to recall a fairly reliable report confirming existence of V6 block castings at that time.....

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
...HRC pres said they had only modeled one on a computer, but thats it....
:nod: That's the last I've heard. The 6-cyl exists only on a computer.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Pure speculation, but I think the V6 is farther along.....maybe not a roller, but a runner at least....

:eyebrows:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
12/17/2003
Dorna: 2003 MotoGP Season Seen By 5.1 Billion

Copyright 2003, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

The 2003 MotoGP World Championship series was seen by over 5.1 billion viewers, according to Dorna Sports.

Fans in over 200 countries saw a total of 3586 hours of MotoGP related TV coverage in 2003, a slight increase over 2002 numbers.
:highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ND4SPD said:
They had a Christmas party last night?! Bastages, they didn't tell me about it :whine:
Yea, it was pretty small. Maybe 50 people there. For "motorheads". Jerry invited my buddy (fearj) and my buddy invited me. They changed $5 to cover expenses for food and raffle prizes. I didn't win anything and neither did my buddy. They didn't really give anything good away, and my friend and I ate at Winkin' Lizard before we went which was good b/c they just had pizza and subway. No big deal. But it was cool to meet some new people and walk around and look at bikes.

I noticed that that yellow goldwing sold BTW. When are you bringing it home? Not sure that bus will fit in my avalanche!

HD

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
I don't think she works there any more. I hear they are hurtin' for help in the parts dept.
She got laid off for the winter 'cuz they're slow. That's what Jerry told me anyway. I gotta stop in there shortly to see what the scoop is. If they need help, I can shift some hours around here and hop in there part time. :hmm: :huh: :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts