Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just recently bought a 95 cbr 900rr for 2k cash. The bike is in decent condition for its age. It came with a 2 bros. race can, jacket, helmet, and carbon fiber parts. Thing is...it was droped low speed. The only real thing wrong with it is that the right side fairings are scrached and cracked. Since I am going to have to replace them in the future, I am toying with the idea of just making it a project ride, but was wondering how new on the fairings can I go with little to no major mods to the bike itself? Thanks for any help in this issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
what up DraySol? I'm pretty new here too but welcome. I really don't know how new you can go with the fairings but I use to own a 94 F2. The guys were going with the F3 fairings with little mods needed. So, I would assume you could go up to the next model style of farings .... but [email protected]%% it ride that thing naked!!!!! :idunno::idunno:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I was just wondering if the new model would even come close to fitting, for if it would be like a 86 mustang trying to put a 05 hood on it...lol, i like it here and think i will stay for a while. The info is good and there seems to be some people that genuinely care about one another.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
G'day & :welcome: . Can't help with mod's, but good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
...If you search other posts, you'll note that you can get away with as late as '99 fairings quite easily. Anything newer, though, will involve extensive mods. But as everyone is quick to mention, anything is possible with enough time and effort...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that, i was wondering how hard it would be to get a 2000 tail...there's just somthing about it that i really like..oh well, i guess i will have to comb more of the forums and see what i can and can't do...I mean, if it is going to cost a arm and a leg, i would be better off just selling the bike and buying the model that i want instead of just trying to build that model..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah..that is the tail that i am wanting, i've seen it done, just not sure what i would have to do to the subframe to get it to match up...

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Don't worry about putting some more fairings on her - get a stunt cage or mushrooms/bungs/sliders, different headlamp and fighter her :D

Is that your first bike? Be careful of used helmets - you never know if they have been dropped before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure will have to do some checking... I have a buddy that is offering to give me parts off his wrecked gsxr 1000 to just do that conversion...not sure just yet....will have to think about if i really wanna do all that extra work, or as your stated, make a fighter out of her

1 - 12 of 12 Posts