Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

New Lever....worth it?

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  #1 CBR 
#1 ·
So my clutch lever and brake lever are stock....and huge, and kinda ugly. So I have been thinking about getting new ones. My current levers (especially the clutch) has some play in it..I know there are adjustable but I wanted some play so I didnt have to reach as far to pull on the clutch. Anyways with new lever get rid of this "sloppy" action? Also beside cosmetics are they worth it? Im looking to spend less than $200 for a pair, both brake and clutch.

#4 ·
i completely agree with Red Rider and I would not recommend to change the stock levers. Levers always tend to break when u slide with the bike (except you have the folding brembo ones) and the stock ones are cheap to replace. Dont go for the looks, especially not the short ones...
If I would recommend sthg, then upgrade your brake master cylinder with a brembo one, then you have a better braking system and a nice folding brembo lever. U can get a decent one for approx 350USD. Otherwise leave the stock ones. They fit the bill.

#11 ·
I disagree, I have shorty Pazzo's on my racebike, after numerous crash's and high sides, levers are still intact, ground down but fully functional. I got tired of replacing stock levers, even on minor low sides, :(

The best part is, you can adjust the lever position, to you can have it more towards the bar. I haven't tried the chinese knockoff's.

#7 ·
My CRG clutch lever is one of the best things I ever put on my bike. I never even thought about changing stock levers before until a friend said he was going to order them and asked me if I wanted them too. I told him to just get me the clutch lever, it was a great move, being able to adjust my lever in a little bit made it much more comfortable for the few times I actually use it. If my friend never asked, I would never know or complain about stock, but now that I have it I don't think I could go back.

i

#8 ·
FP racing makes a set of folding levers for 200 dollars, also I believe ASV and other companies have lever warranties/replacement plans with some conditions. In my personal opinion stock levers are uncomfortable in their position, and aesthetically lacking.

#9 ·
I love my CRG shorty's. My hands are not that big but I kept mashing the rest of my fingers against the grips when I would two finger the stock levers. I bought a set of the ebay china knockoffs and while they were being shipped I came across the deal on the CRG levers. Those knock off levers are very nice quality.

#12 ·
i have had the knockoffs and CRG and the ONLY difference i can tell is that the knockoffs have a tiny bit of up and down play in them...not forward and backward play where it would affect the feel of the clutch or brake...up and down...which you cant even notice unless your off the bike and playing with the lever...well worth the money savings over pazzo and crg...but either one is a great upgrade...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.