Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this 2001 929rr with 28k miles on it. My second bike, first was a 2000 GSXR 600. Only mods are a GPR V4 steering damper, DID chain, K&N air filter, Puig windscreen, and an unusual CHM P-4R slip on. Only Needs a Mobil One oil change and some odds and ends. Very clean bike.

Attachments

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
that's clean :shades: welcome to our beloved .org :hi:

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,271 Posts

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
:welcome: to the .Org! Nice clean machine Matt, COOKI.gif in Supporting Members or the VIP lounge if you prefer, for a small sum the inner sanctum could be yours :devil

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Just picked up this 2001 929rr with 28k miles on it. My second bike, first was a 2000 GSXR 600. Only mods are a GPR V4 steering damper, DID chain, K&N air filter, Puig windscreen, and an unusual CHM P-4R slip on. Only Needs a Mobil One oil change and some odds and ends. Very clean bike.
Very nice, welcome to the .Org :cheers:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
:welcome: Nice looking bike. I love visiting the Pacific Northwest, beautiful area. Nice thread title also.

Is it just me or are more and more postings starting to read like ads in the personals?

Reactions: IanDoohan

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
:welcome: Nice looking bike. I love visiting the Pacific Northwest, beautiful area. Nice thread title also.

Is it just me or are more and more postings starting to read like ads in the personals?
(singing) You don't have to be lonely on "Fireblade's Only.com"

Welcome Matt, Nice Bike. Love the Red/Black 929's.

DD :devil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice. Soon to be sporting an extended swing arm and tied-down front suspension I guess?
Nah. I own a 96 Z28 Mullet (sorry camaro), and I live on a 40 foot 1968 Tollycraft boat that cost the same as the car. I'm still learning how to set up the clutch adjustment correctly, and trying to figure out what I need besides a helmet, gloves and boots to take it down the 1/4 mile. I have no idea what these things run.
Trying to find a crew to help me learn not how to ride but ride like your supposed too. Next thing is Mobil one 10w40 4t synthetic.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Very nice. Soon to be sporting an extended swing arm and tied-down front suspension I guess?
That's only for the folks in Florida who haven't any turns...or the inner city.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
(singing) You don't have to be lonely on "Fireblade's Only.com"
Thanks, I'll have that jingle in my head all day now...That might be cool though, a dating site for Blade riders!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Nah. I own a 96 Z28 Mullet (sorry camaro), and I live on a 40 foot 1968 Tollycraft boat that cost the same as the car. I'm still learning how to set up the clutch adjustment correctly, and trying to figure out what I need besides a helmet, gloves and boots to take it down the 1/4 mile. I have no idea what these things run.
Trying to find a crew to help me learn not how to ride but ride like your supposed too. Next thing is Mobil one 10w40 4t synthetic.
Nice, I thought about the living on a boat thing in my pre-married youth, slip fees are just too damned expensive down here.

Props on the Camaro, T top I hope, helps the mullet flow.

7jdNbCg.jpg
My college days

Check with the track. Our drag strip conformed to NHRA standards which requires a Snell approved helmet, boots, jacket (doesn't have to be leather) and gloves minimum above I believe 11 seconds and under 120 mph. Under 11.00 and/or above 120 mph full leathers are required or you get tossed, ask me how I know. If those rules haven't changed you'll probably be fine on he ET (it takes more than most people think to run 11's on the older bikes) but you will break 120 mph if you hold it WFO the whole way. All this is assuming it's a full 1/4 mile like ours was. 1000 ft or 1/8 mile changes everything. Sorry if my info is outdated, our strip closed a few years ago. That being said, the better the equipment the lesser your chances of injury is if the worst happens, although I personally have never seen anyone crash a stock bike at the dragstrip, but I'm sure it happens. Be careful launching. the launch pads are a lot stickier than the street due to the rubber laid down and the front will come up in a surprising hurry, also ask me how I know! Almost didn't clutch it quick enough to avoid looping it. Check out Bac Docs threads.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Also, I believe a chain guard is mandatory. It used to be under 9.99 ET required an NHRA competition license, but that's not going to be a problem. If your stock 929 runs 9's call me, I'll buy it!

Here's one of his threads:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/drag-racing/103832-cbr954-drag-racing-bristol-tn.html

Found this thread, several guys claiming sub 11's on 929's:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/drag-racing/11384-track-times-expected-1-4-mile-drag.html

I said claiming 'cuz without time slips or video proof that's all they are, claims. I've never heard more B.S. anywhere than street racing. Time sips don't lie if I had mid 9 second slips I would post them, or video. Maybe some day, but Willow Springs still isn't allowing bikes on grudge night, insurance is too high. Test riders told them there wasn't enough run off area for bikes, last I spoke to them they were talking about getting a portable tree so they could shorten the track for bikes. Shame, "cause it's only about 10 miles north of my house. I have time slips, buried somewhere, for every pass I've made. I will say this, I would call B.S. on 3 of the guys in that thread.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice I also live in Portland OR as well and love PIR!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
welcome to the site matt...!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up this 2001 929rr with 28k miles on it. My second bike, first was a 2000 GSXR 600. Only mods are a GPR V4 steering damper, DID chain, K&N air filter, Puig windscreen, and trust me testogen is going to look great an unusual CHM P-4R slip on. Only Needs a Mobil One oil change and some odds and ends. Very clean bike.
My brother also had the same bike but he lost it in an accident. He was very sad because the bike was expensive. I appreciate for your new bike and I like it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts