Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually joined this forum before getting my FireBlade and you guys already helped me answer some VIN questions.
Well, I guess you can really call me a member now as I became proud owner of 2001 929RR. Got it with 14K miles, mostly stock except for D&D slip-on and some ugly aftermarket turn signals (rear only :confused:).
It looks like this forum has been around for some time so hopefully I can find most answers to newbie questions just by searching.

P.S. I might need to change my nickname now :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
:welcome: Good Luck with the new bike. And just to let you know, this forum can get addicting. :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silent_Assassin said:
Good Luck with the new bike. And just to let you know, this forum can get addicting. :thumb:
That's ok, it wouldn't be the first forum I get addicted to :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
How do you like the D&D slip on? My 954 already had one when I bought it. I think it is a little loud but a friend I ride with likes it when it is in the upper RPM range. When decelerating from high rpm it cackles pretty cool tho. Curious how loud it is on the 929, welcome and ride on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hookedon2wheels said:
How do you like the D&D slip on? My 954 already had one when I bought it. I think it is a little loud but a friend I ride with likes it when it is in the upper RPM range. When decelerating from high rpm it cackles pretty cool tho. Curious how loud it is on the 929, welcome and ride on.
Yes it is very loud but I do a lot of city riding so it's good the other drivers can hear you when they can't see you :)
I only had the bike for one day and I love it. I might get tired of the sound eventualy and replace it with something less raspy.

P.S. It should sound just about the same on 954, I don't know about any major engine changes from 929 that could affect the sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts