Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a little help here... I just received my Micron bolt on today and boy am I disappointed... :rant: I was like a kid at Christmas when I got home and it was on the porch!!! Not feeling the same way now... :eek: I'm sure it's not the exhaust maybe just the change from stock or the air/fuel curve but dammmmmmnnnn... I can't hit the gas in any gear with it sputtering like you are choking it...... At idle in neutral, I can nail it with a VERY small hesitation.. Almost not noticeable... However, put it in first and take off, MAANNNN expect to be able to mix a margarita... :rant: I've got a PCIII on the way(should be here by Friday) and I'm hoping it helps...... The bike has a BMC filter and that's about it.... Other than the FAST black and silver paint... But I am almost at the point of putting the stock can back on.. :idunno: :thumbd: It sounds great but runs like shiite.......

Please HELP!!!! :crying:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Put the stock pipe back on and see what happens. Although if you just unbolted the stocker and bolted the Micron back on, you shouldn't have had any problems :huh: Any leaks anywhere?

Weird indeed.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Mine works great. On my last bike I had a K&N in it. I put the larger rubber donut in the cone and it wouldn't run for crap. Thinking I was getting more air in, it really hurt the bikes performance. So I put the stock size donut back in and it ran great with a slip-on. Not sure if the BMC is similar but if you changed anything with the air intake, it might be the problem.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The pipe and filter are making the bike ULTRA LEAN. You need that PC3 now!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO leaks...... So..:idunno: .. Well the pair valve is removed also (forgot that one)... Put stock back on just to make sure all was well and it is. With the stock can it runs great???? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol:

I guess I'll wait for the PCIII and see what happens... :guns: :popcorn:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just put on my bolton micron pipe on my mechanicly stock 01 929 and it runs better than stock. I feel like I picked up a pony or two and the bottom end is still strong as hell!! Something is not right with yours i think! I have a stock filter and no airbox mods.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i dont see how thats possible .... all cans are just a straight through design anyway with some being different lenghts and diameters ..... with my bolt on pipe i had my bike was running rich if anything before i got the pc

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes! I think you'll like it better with the pcIII. The bike's running way too lean like it has been said before. Switch back to the stocker until you the the pcIII.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If none of the above stuff works, I know a guy willing to take the can off your hands. Me !!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mangina said:
If none of the above stuff works, I know a guy willing to take the can off your hands. Me !!!!! :thumb:

Heard that before.... :nono:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I also cut the cone off mine before I installed the micron and the sound that comes from that pipe is the best I have ever heard. I got the black aluminum for my Erion 929. It looks way better and sounds better than the black erion bolton I had before. Plus this pipe is black too and looks like it belongs there like the erion pipe did, but the micron is bigger and oval!! I am more than pleased and I think the power is better than stock.

·
Registered
799 Posts
VA929RR said:
Heard that before.... :nono:
Haha, from who?!

Anyways, not sure why your bike is running as it is. I had my Micron CF Slip on and a K&N (and stock) on my bike with out the PCIII and it ran fine. Not sure why yours is acting so poorly towards the pipe. A slip on shouldn't really change much.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sirkbac said:
Haha, from who?!

Anyways, not sure why your bike is running as it is. I had my Micron CF Slip on and a K&N (and stock) on my bike with out the PCIII and it ran fine. Not sure why yours is acting so poorly towards the pipe. A slip on shouldn't really change much.
Yeah.. :idunno: I did put the stock back on and again for the second time guess what, it's still there... Now I'm really confused... It's almost like the fuel filter is stopped up or something...... Now the problem comes and goes... It will be fine one second and then it starts to hesitate when I hit the throttle....... :crying: :rant: ...... I'm lost as to what to do next.. :rant:

·
Registered
453 Posts
did this start after you put the filter in? maybe you left a hose off of have one pinched or messed with the servo or something ... it just doesnt make sense by unbolting something at the end of the exhaust system messing the bike up .... there is nothing back there that you could have done to cause this ... i ran my bike for a minute or two with no can on it to see what it sounds like ( like an NHRA pro stock bike) and also had a leak at the canister once and it never affected the way the bike ran

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FullForce said:
did this start after you put the filter in? maybe you left a hose off of have one pinched or messed with the servo or something ... it just doesnt make sense by unbolting something at the end of the exhaust system messing the bike up .... there is nothing back there that you could have done to cause this ... i ran my bike for a minute or two with no can on it to see what it sounds like ( like an NHRA pro stock bike) and also had a leak at the canister once and it never affected the way the bike ran
The only hose that is not connected is the vent hose for the tank... Well, it's connected to the tank and then ran down to the bottom of the lower fairing. however, it does "T" off in the middle of the hose and the "T" hose I do not have connected to anything.... I thought it's just an airvent so it should be no big deal... Maybe that's it?!?!?! Anyone know where the "T" connects to.. The manual just has the hose connected to the tank.... Says nothing about the "T" section and where it goes..... :idunno:

I'll wait an see what you all think and see where it connects... Once I know, I'll try it and update you all.. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Almost all the bikes that we run with a pipe and filter run RICH, not lean. many race guys that stuff around trying to map their bikes themselves totally go backwards and then blame the power commander as they think the same, it's lean, so richen it up. They do, and it runs worse. BUT, you sound like you have a different problem now anyway. The pipe and the filter will make it run pretty crap though. Get it mapped asap.
Up top they may lean out, but down low, rich as hell.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Erion Racing told me to stick with my factory honda air filter,as it has the most uniform flow characteristics of any filter they've tested.Judging by the R&D that honda puts into their stuff,i can believe it.They even claim they use them in their race bikes. :idunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts