Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Bitchin'.

Wonder how it will compare to the Apple screen?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
It will cost less, work better and have a much larger market saturation.
Then the iSnobs will shit-talk it.
:nod: :)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Man, we'll see. It is $300 cheaper right now.

That apple screen is truly amazing.

I've spent some time using navydevildoc's 30" apple, and it blows away even the quality of a good Viewsonic. Under the Apple cover is a Sony monitor BTW.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
luvtolean said:

I've spent some time using navydevildoc's 30" apple, and it blows away even the quality of a good Viewsonic. Under the Apple cover is a Sony monitor BTW.
You sure about that? I don't know about the 30", but the other apple and dell offerings are all the same identical LG panels under the hood...

http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
luvtolean said:

built to Apple specs, in the ancient days they had a fantastic 15" that was the best looking in it's days that used a trinitron however the phosphors and electronics were to a different spec.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
sheepofblue said:
built to Apple specs,
Yeah, that is an important part, the specs.

Ipods are built at the same factory as many Dells...and I have no reason to suspect they don't build Macs there too. But that doesn't mean they're equal in quality.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Hmmmm...I have a gentleman at Sony to call a liar. :rotfl:

Who knows, maybe Sony did all the circuitry around the panel?

And of course, Apple's industrial designers made it look cute.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
I suppose they could have swiched manufacturers? I have a few friends at Sony who were all exicted that I bought the 30" cinema display because it went towards their bonuses... granted a very small part, but still.

:idunno:

Regardless though... independent of who makes it, if the specs are tighter, it will be a better product. This 30" screen has to be seen to be believed. Remember, when you see it at the apple store, you are comparing it to other Apple-spec'ed monitors. I have a nice ViewSonic 20" LCD right next to this one, and the difference is so stark it's not even funny.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
luvtolean said:
Hmmmm...I have a gentleman at Sony to call a liar. :rotfl:

Who knows, maybe Sony did all the circuitry around the panel?

And of course, Apple's industrial designers made it look cute.
I'd still buy the dell... I have a dell LCD on my G5 now, another one about to be on the way!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
navydevildoc said:
I suppose they could have swiched manufacturers? I have a few friends at Sony who were all exicted that I bought the 30" cinema display because it went towards their bonuses... granted a very small part, but still.

take your panel apart for us, we are all very interested in knowing for sure!

Although it is awesome, the 30 is too big for me, I'd rather have (2) 4:3 20" displays.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
navydevildoc said:

Regardless though... independent of who makes it, if the specs are tighter, it will be a better product. This 30" screen has to be seen to be believed. Remember, when you see it at the apple store, you are comparing it to other Apple-spec'ed monitors. I have a nice ViewSonic 20" LCD right next to this one, and the difference is so stark it's not even funny.
Yep the only crappy one they have made recently was the 17" studio display (plastic case) however that was not on appearance rather the amps that blew out :crap:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
Although it is awesome, the 30 is too big for me, I'd rather have (2) 4:3 20" displays.
On a normal day, I prefer my 2 20's. (though NDD has his 30, and a 20 next to it) But anytime I'm doing powerpoint, writing a paper, or CAD or modeling, I'd love to have that 30.

You'd be amazed how many threads show on one screen on the .org. :rotfl:

The only real drawback to that monitor, other than cost, is the heat. It heats up his office pretty quick.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
:rotfl:

If I had a bigger desk, so would I. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts