Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the second amp on the 17" Apple studio display died last night :crap: Yep these were not durable monitors :crap: :crap: So I am looking for a new one. I want 16:9 aspect ratio and right now have a MAG hooked up that looks like :crap: compared to the old Apple display when only one amp was working.

So any recommendations?

I looked at the Sony's nice but with thier thieving root kitting ways I don't want to encourage them with $$$

The Apple 20" is gorgeous but a bit more than I was hoping to spend.

Looks like the Viewsonics are decent and inexpensive but I think they are not 16:9

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
You could check out Samsung as well. I used to have both a Samsung SyncMaster 240T and a Viewsonic VP230mb, and the Samsung was a 16:10. It's a couple years old, so there will be a newer version, but it was a great monitor - I just grew to like the Viewsonic more so I sold the Samsung.
I still use the VP230mb, but it's not a widescreen type monitor, so it won't fit the bill for you. They both had pros and cons, but going with either Samsung or Viewsonic won't dissappoint you. Never had a single issue with either one.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That Gateway for $600 looks like a pretty good deal.

This site was recommended on another thread for deals on monitors.

http://www.slickdealz.net

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RRWANTR said:
Better get rid of that Ipod then...as it's CAPABLE of playing back DRM protected files...LOL
Which is it's negative point. Of course it is capable of playing ripped legally bought CDs also. DRM :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Viewsonic :thumb:
Samsung :thumb:
Neovo :thumb:

Dell actually has decent monitors as well and usually can be had fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got a ViewSonic the Xerox was interesting but had VGA input :puke: as did the Syncmaster with TV :crap: I neeeeeeeed the 20" Apple but the budget is shot and this was an emergency purchase so I go the cheap stuff, for now ;)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Dunno how good they are, but I've always had great luck and results with Viewsonic stuff for CAD/CAM apps. Prior to that, I was an NEC fan... :twocents:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts