Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my April 2004 issue of Motorcyclist. They are laying praise all over it for being well balanced, and the only literbike that is actually very rideable. They draw comparisons to the CB750 when it first came out. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I just read it and was heartened by the ~153 rwhp they got when they dyno'd it, almost eight ponies up from the recent Cycle World test, and more powerful than the now dethroned King Gixxer. Just goes to show you how different one dyno can be from another (or the test mule itself) depending on many variables.

In any event, the bike sounds like a fantastic ride all the way around, though I don't think I'd want to spend more than about 90 minutes on one at a time.

You get yours yet Booth? Any idea on delivery?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Chain said:
You get yours yet Booth? Any idea on delivery?
Took back my deposit, my company just got bought out. No idea if I'll have a job or not after Oct/Nov of this year. No guarantees. As soon as one hits the dealer floor I might say phugit and buy it anyway :idunno:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
booth23 said:
Took back my deposit, my company just got bought out. No idea if I'll have a job or not after Oct/Nov of this year. No guarantees. As soon as one hits the dealer floor I might say phugit and buy it anyway :idunno:
No sh*t, wow. Sorry to hear about that. Well, good luck to you - hope it works out to your benefit.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
booth23 said:
Sorry to here that bro. Keep the faith it will pan out in the end. :crap:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
booth23 said:
Took back my deposit, my company just got bought out. No idea if I'll have a job or not after Oct/Nov of this year. No guarantees.
Oh, man. Sorry to hear this. I've been there several times...always
getting screwed by mergers/buyouts/outsourcing. For the past few years,
I've been with CSC - who has become one of the biggest contributors
to "offshoring" (jobs, mostly to India) in the US - so my job is anything but
secure. :idunno:

Good luck; I hope things go your way. :(

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
TAZ said:
Is that what we do? (IT support services?) :D

Well, it's what they have my company's execs BELIEVING they do, but not one of us employees has seen it yet in the past 3 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts