Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone seen these yet? http://www.oakley.com/catalog/eyewear/thump/
I guess they're not going to really be for sale for another week or so, but this shop at the mall had a pair they were making a lot of noise about (and supposedly had a couple cases of them that they weren't allowed to sell yet). Seems like a pretty good idea overall, just not a ton of memory. They actually fit pretty well, weren't TOO heavy, and looked quite nice.
However, I'm not so sure they are worth $500.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
I'm probably one of he biggest Oakley fans out there(next to MrX of course) and I don't like those at all. I'll stick to my Half Jackets and XX's.

Dano

:rotfl: Nice to be known for something I guess, what'd you tell you sister as far as how to spot me in the airport "look for someone wearing oakleys"?

I want half jackets....I saw them first :rant:

...but I aint got no money :crying:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I'm not going away from my Juliets, I just thought it was a pretty neat idea. They aren't as ugly as the pics make them seem, but aren't as nice as others.
I'm also not into the whole MP3 thing, but to have them combined into a little unit is a good idea, and I'll bet we see more of it in the future.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
$495 USD?? Jezuz, isn't that like about a bajillion dollars in our Canadian Funny Money??

I like Oakleys, but I find it hard to justify $200+ for a pair. I see lots on E-Bay, but I don't really trust that for something that can be easily cloned to look just like the real thing. My daughter came in one night with a "supposedly" authentic pair she paid $30 for off someone. They looked real, but once you put them on and felt how weak the earpiece hinges were, it was easy to tell.

Anyone here ever bought glasses off E-Bay??

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I've had 3 pairs of Oakley's and will continue to buy them. The pair I have now I've had for almost 3 years and they're still in mint condition. Most people will spend $30-$50 on "cheap" glasses per season....I know I used to because I'd drop them, sit on them, lose them, etc. These have already paid for themselves, as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the protection they provide for your eyes...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Big Oakley fan here too...

I have a large face, so big lenses are what I need. Few of the glasses actually fit me and fewer more look good doing it. I have the XX's now and they are awesome! Well worth the $275 price tag!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
Zoltan, do you wear them under your helmet??

If so, what model do you own (the glasses, not the lid)?
No, I have a tinted visor for that. Here is the one I have. It doesn't fit properly under my helmet because it reaches around the back of my head and hits the back of the helmet.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
Zoltan, do you wear them under your helmet??

If so, what model do you own (the glasses, not the lid)?
I had the Oakley Minute's and they fit nicely with the helmet on. I like the tinted visor too much though.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
OSIRIS said:
I had the Oakley Minute's and they fit nicely with the helmet on. I like the tinted visor too much though.
I like tinted visors too, but I don't like them for night riding. That's why I was interested in glasses to fit under the helmet. When the sun goes down, just slip the shades into an inside pocket and eureka........You can see again!!!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Bought both my current pairs of Oakleys off ebay - just looked for someone with 100% feedback, over 100 sales - a large sum of them actually being Oakleys, and finally, got a good price. Both are authentic - the box, the bag, the coin (from the penny's) and, of course, the solid feel. Oakleys are ridiculously overpriced here, so I buy them from the US or Canada.

Z...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts