Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm a brand new owner of a 2003 CBR954RR. It's been laid down, so I'm looking to replace the plastic & fix up the cosmetics to get it looking new again. In looking for parts on PowersportsPlus.com, I see a model "A", and a model "AC" listed. For example, there's a model 2003 CBR900RR A, and a model listed as 2003 CBR900RR AC. There are also some models (not the CBR) listed with a prefix of "A-A", and "AC-A". Can anyone clue me in to what this means?, and how I can tell which model I have?

Also I see in looking at decals/stripes/marks, I see descriptions like "type 5" or "type 7". For the various decals, they'll normally be offered in 2 or 3 "types", but they don't say what the difference between the types is. For the CBR900RR model, I see listings for Type 1 through type 8. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, any recommendations on solid vendors/suppliers of fairing parts& kits?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello all,
I'm a brand new owner of a 2003 CBR954RR. It's been laid down, so I'm looking to replace the plastic & fix up the cosmetics to get it looking new again. In looking for parts on PowersportsPlus.com, I see a model "A", and a model "AC" listed. For example, there's a model 2003 CBR900RR A, and a model listed as 2003 CBR900RR AC. There are also some models (not the CBR) listed with a prefix of "A-A", and "AC-A". Can anyone clue me in to what this means?, and how I can tell which model I have?

Also I see in looking at decals/stripes/marks, I see descriptions like "type 5" or "type 7". For the various decals, they'll normally be offered in 2 or 3 "types", but they don't say what the difference between the types is. For the CBR900RR model, I see listings for Type 1 through type 8. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, any recommendations on solid vendors/suppliers of fairing parts& kits?
Thanks in advance!

A is "America".
AC is "America-California".
The fairing types refer to the specific graphics and colours of the plastics. You really need to look at the "stripe" fiches to determine the particular "type" you want.
We have two sellers of Chinese kits that sponsor this forum.
Ozzy Motorcycle Fairings
Motorcycle Fairings: Aftermarket Motorcycle Fairing Kits, Aftermarket Fairings

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
:welcome:

Do Ozzy Fairings count as Chinese if they're in Australia? Then again, they had it right in Armageddon when they said "American .... Russian ... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN" :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
:welcome:

Do Ozzy Fairings count as Chinese if they're in Australia?

Of course :)

All the plastic fairing kits are Chinese manufactured as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
:welome: to the .org. Good to have you with us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts