Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D Ok I got a new PC through work, it's my first laptop and it's very wierd to work with.. Probably just a matter of getting used to it? ( we usually get good deals with a finance plan on new equipment every third year)

My first problem is this: I made a CD with video clips I downloaded from various websites (motorcycle related :D ) which I copied from my old PC and transfered them over to the new PC. Once copied over to the new PC, some of the videos will play only in what looks like a negative format (if it was a photo)

My guess is that I need new codecs of some sort, and my question is where do I find this? I don't want to stuff the new PC with lot's of spyware and other shit..

All input is appreciated!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
sounds like a color-mapping issue. Check your screen properties and make sure you have enough colors at the current resolution.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
figment said:
sounds like a color-mapping issue. Check your screen properties and make sure you have enough colors at the current resolution.

Thanks! allthough I don't know how to check the color-mapping :) If this is the problem, would I have trouble with playing only some of the videos?

I think I found a pattern if that helps.. Only the video clips that play with a "bit speed" of 512 kbit/sec or higher will play in "negative" and with very low resolution ..

:confused:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
right click on your desktop---> scroll to properties and click---->click on the settings tab and check your "color quality".

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
luvtolean said:
right click on your desktop---> scroll to properties and click---->click on the settings tab and check your "color quality".
Ok, I checked that , and tried the other available setting (It was 32bit and i tried to set it to 16bit) but the the videos still played in "negative" low resolution..

I'll just call for support when they open :) Thanks for the help anyway!! :thumb:

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts