Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in charlotte, NC.....it hasn't stopped raining all summer now! man this sux. So i figure it's time for a new project. I've been thinking about this for a while and would like to devise a way to switch between the passenger seat and the aftermarket cowl i have relatively easy. It's too much trouble going after those bolts all the time.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
buy another bike and leave the seat on

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It takes about 10 seconds do to that if you have the right bike... but I guess that does not help much does it.

Why not just get a busted cowl and afix it to the seat so you can just open the seat and slip it off/on/off as required?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Shouldn't be that hard.

If you want to keep the hinge, then some sort of a bayonet system would work best.

If you don't care about the hinge (this might work with it in place anyways), some quick-release clips/nuts/cotter pins would work in place of the two standard nuts.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Saw this morning on the local news that we are over a foot above what the normal rainfall average is for this time of year

I guess the weather is the big factor that prompted me to start restoring the 'ole 360. Might as well work on one if you can't ride it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2OHOH2954 : Shouldn't be that hard.

If you want to keep the hinge, then some sort of a bayonet system would work best.

If you don't care about the hinge (this might work with it in place anyways), some quick-release clips/nuts/cotter pins would work in place of the two standard nuts.
i like that idea.....i'll keep ya posted on what happens

1 - 10 of 10 Posts